Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mysterioso Jr. lights but no sound

Started by dcribbs1412, November 08, 2010, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcribbs1412

Sorry guys
checked and rechecked
wondering if anyone sees something wrong besides that I put the power jack on the wrong side :-[

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af301/dcribbs1412/pedals/Mysterioso/mysterioso1.jpg

wondering about the switch....bypass works

any help is greatly appreciated

maysink

Can't tell if you've installed the jumper located above the 4049 IC. Also can't see if the diode is oriented the right way. Might need a pic of the solder side, too. Quick glance = stomp looks wired correctly--maybe trim up the excess wire from the lugs to prevent possible shorts.

You can take your digital multi meter in continuity o=mode to see if the stomp is physically functioning. The middle row should have continuity to either the top or bottom row (left to left, mid to mid, etc) and then have continuity to the other set (top or bottom) when you 'throw' the switch.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to building one of these when the new fabbed boards arrive!
[nothing to see here]
-e

dcribbs1412

Jumper is installed
Diode is right direction
continuity checks out on switch
:(

maysink

Check for solder bridges on the underside of the pcb. I didn't double check values but everything *looks* right on the topside.
[nothing to see here]
-e

dcribbs1412

Will check for bridges again
could it be  bad 072 or 4049?
or would it still make noise

I'll post more pics ASAP

Thanks

maysink

If you got spare ICs try 'em out. I don't know what the readings should be on what pin to tell you if your existing ICs are crapped out. A bunk IC could stop the signal cold.
[nothing to see here]
-e

maysink

Wait. What happened to R6 & R10? It looks like u jumper'd their locations instead of including them. They r meant to 'stand up' (like you currently have R8) which is why they look different on the pcb layout.

Also, Pin 1 of the TL072 socket should be re-flow'd.
[nothing to see here]
-e

dcribbs1412

maysink said:
QuoteWait. What happened to R6 & R10?

Thanks maysink you made may week 8)
installed R6 R10 reflowed and bam that was it... ;D
going to clean up the wiring and run it thru some tests
you are the man in my book..
hope I can return the favor someday
thanks again

maysink

Fantastic! Let us know how u like it--I've been holding out for the fabbed boards to do this project.

Strangely enuf, on the first pic you posted (slightly angled), I saw nothing out of place in that area!! The light only came on in the top-down pic posted.
[nothing to see here]
-e

dcribbs1412

Using a Fender Princeton clone and a LP
1st impression...if I can get it dialed in I may like it a little better than my Serendipity
for that subtle mid growl.
Will try it with a 2 el84 liverpool clone and Strat next
this one is a keeper

Maysink
Thanks again for taking the time to straighten me out..
really appreciate it :)