News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Poindexter

Started by pandadandan, March 19, 2010, 07:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

Here's my Poindexter build.  This pedal is one of the most enjoyable things I've built in my life.  It creates a huge wall of angry octave-y sound.  It also plays evangelical American radio when I stop playing  ;D

The extra switch is to swap between 1n34a diodes and red 3mm leds - worthwhile as it allows you to dial in a more modern "chug" sound.

madbean

Good idea on the diode switching. If it's okay with you, I'd like to include that as a suggested mod in the documents.

For the RF problem: I don't remember if there is a ceramic at the input of the circuit, but you could add in a 47pF or 100pF in parallel with the pulldown resistor. I do know that RF has been a complaint with some of the Octanes...there is a lot of gain there.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on March 26, 2010, 12:00:18 PM
Good idea on the diode switching. If it's okay with you, I'd like to include that as a suggested mod in the documents.

For the RF problem: I don't remember if there is a ceramic at the input of the circuit, but you could add in a 47pF or 100pF in parallel with the pulldown resistor. I do know that RF has been a complaint with some of the Octanes...there is a lot of gain there.

Be my guest!  The output volume with the LEDs is insanely high; it is more like a "normal" zvex effect in that it is ear-splittingly loud at 9 o'clock on the volume dial.  It's also fun to see them light up when you play.  I was tempted to drill holes for them so you could see them lighting up when they are being hit by a signal.

The RF problem is quite fun, to be honest.  It is evident in the originals too.  Shielded wiring didn't really change anything, either.  I may clip on a 100pf ceramic just to see, but I'll probably just leave it.

SamuraiFX

Hi everybody!
This is my version of poindexter pedal...great effect but, unfortunately noise is very loud!   :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

SamuraiFX

In & Out under knobs was a mistake...i duplicated layers with photoshop and never corrected!  :o

...and excuse me for my english... ::)