News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shortstack

Started by angrykoko, September 09, 2012, 10:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Finally got around to finishing my shortstack.. well mostly finished, I'll replace the long in/out runs to the board with shielded wire eventually.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

jtn191

looks nice!  :) I don't remember why I arranged the pots like that...maybe the TS convention? but sorry ya had to flip it around like that

nzCdog

Very tidy... It'll look sweet on the pedalboard 8)

angrykoko

Thanks! 

This was my first adventure with my wife's vinyl cutter and man do I love it!
I haven't liked any of my attempts with the water slide stuff (check my uproar pics later tonight) but the vinyl looks amazing!  I'm going to try doing a mask out of vinyl and etch an enclosure to see how it goes.

As far as  flipping the board around, It didn't bother me one bit, I like having short wire runs to the pots and the way it was all oriented worked out well for that.

Great sounding pedal, loving it and recommend building it (easy build).

Later!
Koko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

nzCdog

So... you did the lettering in vinyl??? It looks great
PS congrats on 100 posts  ;D

angrykoko

hmm.. for some reason I'm not seeing your replies Corey when I check show unread.
Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah I bought my wife one of those Silhouette Cameo machines for Xmas last year.  Super easy to do the vinyl lettering and anything else you can think of.  The vinyl has an adhesive backing so once it's done cutting out the shapes it's as easy as putting a sticker on :) 

Ha! Didn't even notice the 100 posts, thanks!

eldanko

I <3 multicolored wiring.  Just makes the inside look so happy and free.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

nzCdog

... oh man, those cameo machines look awesome!  I'm priced out of the market tho :(

timbo_93631

Quote from: nzCdog on September 11, 2012, 01:06:13 PM
... oh man, those cameo machines look awesome!  I'm priced out of the market tho :(
Serious.  The Cricut is craft-Nazi with the predefined shapes, but that Cameo can do alot.  From etching boards to doing enclosure graphics...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups