News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity no worky

Started by mlweidl, November 13, 2010, 09:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlweidl

So by pass signal is fine then with i click it on the led works but sounds cuts out.... I double double checked my wiring and it was all good. Since there was no wiring diagram from ver. 5 i used version 4 but everything checked out and looked them same just in different spots. So where do it start knowing the LED works.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

mlweidl

will get pics in a little bit here but i found that i had hooked up the dc jack wrong the first time so i switch the so i switched it back to the way the diagram shows and now the LED doesnt work but i am getting a hiss from it now when its bypass and it changes when turn the gain and volume. Im pretty sure i just made a boo boo wiring it, any other thoughts. Thanks for the tip on the grounding problem by the way

jkokura

At first I was going to say that it doesn't sound like a grounding problem to me, but the messed up DC jack is a bit concerning.

If the LED lights and the pedal still doesn't work it's usually one of a couple things: Bad wiring to and from the board, or there's a problem on the board.

If the LED doesn't light, more often it's a problem where the power is connecting to ground. In that case, try using a battery to power the pedal. If the battery starts to get hot, you know the power is leaking to ground somehow.

If you pedal isn't working, check these things: Double, and then Triple Check your wiring (don't assume it's correct), double check your parts (are they correct values, correct orientation), check your soldering (look for bad solder joints, solder bridges, broken traces, lifted pads). If all of it seems to be ok - check it all again, then post pictures for us to have a look at.

Usually fixes are simple and easy to find. It's been a long time since a pedal stumped me, but I have a board on my hands that's stumping even me! I understand it's frustrating, but hang in there and we'll get it to work.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals