News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How much is too much???

Started by jkokura, November 19, 2010, 01:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

You know you're a bit bored when...

You frequent this forum as much as I do. I think I'm more active than anyone else, despite putting out a lot fewer pedals than I want to.

In any case, I just took a look at the forum page, and almost all the 'last posts' on the right had my name. Yeesh. I need to get a life. Actually, I need to get a job. Stay at home Dad is killing me...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

eniacmike

I think this board is still growing. There isn't a TON of traffic yet. I think more people should post more often! I would love to see more build reports from people too. I know people are building these pedals but hardly anybody does build reports. I learn alot from them and get alot of ideas from them. Along with more video reviews/pedal demos. I know everybody doesn't have the equipment to do that but those who can should.

masterlk

Nah you are not bored! This is just really interesting stuff! I'm a noob and I check out this site several times a day. I love the build reports too. I purchased my first two boards last month(Fatpants and Sunking) and I can't wait to get them done to show everyone. I have checked out the other sites as well, they all have really good info for the DIY'er. Not sure why I picked this site over others to be a part of, maybe because it seems smaller. One thing that I really, really dig is that when you need help there is always someone there to chime in. No jerks either, just really nice folks from what I can tell.

gtr2

Sorry Mike, I've got build reports to "submit" but I keep forgetting to upload them.  :)

Jacob, I thought I had a life, then I saw my post ranking too...  :'(   You're at least an "honorary bean"
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Gtr2 - I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. I think it just means that Brian likes me... Get those builds up! I'm gonna shoot another couple Madbean pedal demos soon, too.

Mike, I don't think I've seen any newbie as prolific as you. You went on a bender wtih pedals recently, and I think you were pumping out 3 or 4 a week for at least a couple weeks. Very impressive. I didn't think you could sustain it though, and I'm glad you've slowed down.

Of the many pedals I've built, I've found Brians projects to be some of the best documented, and some of the easiest to work with. Brian has a knack for layouts, and he's not satisfied with a 'finished' layout and periodically improves and re-releases them. This sets him apart from other PCB sites in my experience. His prices are competitive, and he is one heck of an upstanding guy when it comes to stuff on the site. He could use some administrative help I think, and perhaps someone who will put foot in motion to get him to finish stuff, but what married guy with kids doesn't have too much on his hands right?

I'm still on here too much though, and if you check my statistics I think the past while I've posted nearly as much as Brian, perhaps more. Yikes.

Jacob

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

eniacmike

I haven't slowed down. I just usually post the first pedal I make, if I make more of them I don't post them on here (it's just more of the same with different paint/artwork) unless I do something unique with it like a crazy layout or a different enclosure. The stuff I make from my own layouts, or other places like tonepad I don't post here.

I have made over 50 pedals I think because I ordered 9v snaps from pedal parts plus and I get them in quantities of 25, and I am on my third order of them.

tonedeaf

Quote from: eniacmike on November 20, 2010, 06:58:00 PMI have made over 50 pedals I think because I ordered 9v snaps from pedal parts plus and I get them in quantities of 25, and I am on my third order of them.
:o  :o  Wow!  I know I haven't been through that many myself, and I'm guessing I've been at this longer.

madbean

I have a pic on my laptop that I'm going to upload later concerning the forum. It's quite funny. That's all I'm sayin'.

tonedeaf

Quote from: madbean on December 14, 2010, 05:29:45 PM
I have a pic on my laptop that I'm going to upload later concerning the forum. It's quite funny. That's all I'm sayin'.

anxiously the forumites wait!