News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rubadub aka. Doublerubadoob and a few others

Started by TNblueshawk, September 27, 2012, 12:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I couldn't decide which one(s) of the DIY'ers boards I wanted to build so simply decided to build them all in a train like fashion. Most of them are Culturejam's but we have of course Gtr2, Captain Peyote and guitarmageddon, guitarplaya101 and FF Pedal and CJ collaberated I believe on the Sutter Trem.

Rubadub

The Snitch

Lucky 8

Shoot The Moon

Stutter Tremolo

Klone

Codpiece

Neptune

John

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

holy crap.  :o

What's The Snitch? IC Muff? I really like the line art on that one, it looks sharp.

pickdropper

Very cool builds.  What do you think of the Stutter Trem compared to the Shoot the Moon?  I've built the STM, but the Stutter board remains unpopulated.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

TNblueshawk

The Snitch is actually CJ's version of The Rat. Sounds incredible but then I like the Rat.

Pick, it sounds great...if you like the stutter trem effect. But for me, I don't see myself ever using it be a bedroom hack and all. It doesn't fit the music I play. Actually I don't use a tremolo much at all but heck that never stops me from building something I don't need  ::)

But yeah, if you think you will dig that effect then go for it. One thing I would do is try different LED's. I don't know how much the different FV would affect it or not. Even try some water clears. I think I will do this actually.
John

GrindCustoms

Hey John, something that i have'nt said at BYOC..........but that deserve to be said.......is your organization....

All your pcb in their respective envellope with their baggies with all their parts..........damn..........i have pcb in 3 different places........even some in the garage........and parts ALL OVER the place!

Kudos on being so tight! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2012, 01:26:48 PM
Very cool builds.  What do you think of the Stutter Trem compared to the Shoot the Moon?  I've built the STM, but the Stutter board remains unpopulated.

Stutter Trem is quite different from the STM, at least the shunt build is. This has the stutter trem:
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/josephscala/you-were-right[/soundcloud]

The STM will never make that sound.

I wouldn't put the stutter on my pedalboard, but it's been used on multiple recordings. That one was made by Officer Bukowski a little while ago, and it was a very well done build. I still need to paint it. :)

TNblueshawk

Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 27, 2012, 02:15:41 PM
Hey John, something that i have'nt said at BYOC..........but that deserve to be said.......is your organization....

All your pcb in their respective envellope with their baggies with all their parts..........damn..........i have pcb in 3 different places........even some in the garage........and parts ALL OVER the place!

Kudos on being so tight! 8)

Thanks Rej. For better or worse I have a little OCD when it comes to organization, whether it's pedal building or anything else, so it is just the way my mind functions best. It just bugs the crap out of me if I have stuff everywhere. It does get that way (you should see the work bench as I work on the Weener Wah right now) but I'll put it back in its place when done and start anew.
John

TNblueshawk

Quote from: midwayfair on September 27, 2012, 02:25:28 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 27, 2012, 01:26:48 PM
Very cool builds.  What do you think of the Stutter Trem compared to the Shoot the Moon?  I've built the STM, but the Stutter board remains unpopulated.

Stutter Trem is quite different from the STM, at least the shunt build is. This has the stutter trem:
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/josephscala/you-were-right[/soundcloud]

The STM will never make that sound.

I wouldn't put the stutter on my pedalboard, but it's been used on multiple recordings. That one was made by Officer Bukowski a little while ago, and it was a very well done build. I still need to paint it. :)

I built the shunt version too.

Jon, do you know if the LED colors make a difference by chance? This version sounds like it pulses just a smidge less than mine and I would like that better.
John

nzCdog

Wow TN you've been kicking butt!  Great builds mate, nice job!
I love the amp jewels... looks very sweet :)

midwayfair

Quote from: TNblueshawk on September 27, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Jon, do you know if the LED colors make a difference by chance? This version sounds like it pulses just a smidge less than mine and I would like that better.

I don't think the rate indicator LED could affect the LFO intensity, but I can't find the schematic and I'm at work.

Try messing with the duty cycle. Also, that clip is compressed and has reverb and possibly some other studio magic. Those account for a lot of the smoothness.

bigrigg

Great looking work inside and out.  Graphics are well done and very pro looking.  Congrats.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: midwayfair on September 27, 2012, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on September 27, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

I don't think the rate indicator LED could affect the LFO intensity, but I can't find the schematic and I'm at work.

Try messing with the duty cycle. Also, that clip is compressed and has reverb and possibly some other studio magic. Those account for a lot of the smoothness.

Thanks Jon and thanks to the others for the comps.
John

sgmezei

Wowza thats alot of builds. I love that they all have pictures on them. I am a huge Allen Woody fan. More a Gov't Mule fan I would say.

Awesome!

TNblueshawk

Quote from: sgmezei on September 28, 2012, 01:05:39 AM
Wowza thats alot of builds. I love that they all have pictures on them. I am a huge Allen Woody fan. More a Gov't Mule fan I would say.

Awesome!

Thanks and the Mule rules!
John