News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDriver V3 vs V4

Started by Tragic, November 22, 2010, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tragic

Hi,
 Just discovered MadBeanpedals. Had no idea this site was up and running. Cannot wait to get this pedal built. I have the Egodriver board v4. I populated the board using the V3 version without knowing there was a V4 build. Would jumping V11 and leaving the R12 a 10K make it a OCD V3 build?
Thanks so much. Happy Holidays.

jkokura

K, so I thought about it some more - like my 4th modification now.

I think you're trying to use the V4 documents to build the V3 board... You should use the 100n and include it for C11. Also, R12 has to do with the LED. If you want a brighter LED use a smaller value (4.7k). If you don't want to be blinded, you can use a 10k. It's up to you.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Tragic

Thanks so much. Happy Holidays.

brainbender

Maybe I'm dumb, but i don't understand what's the difference between OCD v3 and OCD v4?
What parts should i replace on Madbean's layout (which is based on OCD v4) to make it v3?
I'm using Egodriver v3 layout.  :-\

Any help would be appreciated! ;)

madbean

Let's clarify here: EgoDriver ver.3 and ver.4 are exactly the values except for the one used for the LED.

OCD ver.3 and ver.4: Use a 100n for C3 (my schematic) to build ver.3 of the OCD. Use 68n instead for ver.4 of the OCD. I think that's the only difference.

brainbender

Thanks!

Btw. I found that V3 used linear pot for volume instead of audio for V4. :)