News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

War Kitty! - Afterlife + Blend + FatPants

Started by eldanko, October 11, 2012, 09:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

This is the War Kitty.

Specifically, it's an Afterlife with JMK's Clean Blend circuit attached on a board etched by Haberdasher (thanks Keefe!) followed by a FatPants, all in a 125B with top mounted jacks and all that jazz.  Hat tip to the Oatmeal for the kitty artwork.  Wiring isn't my prettiest, but it's functional and quiet.

As far as utility goes, this is probably my favorite pedal that I've made all year.  The Afterlife sounds particularly lovely to me, as I've always preferred more subtle compression.  The blend circuit allows me to jack up the sustain while preserving the attack, and works really well.  The FatPants is my favorite booster EVAR, and the 2012 version sounds even better than the last one I built (the old 1590A one).

While I had initially intended for the comp side to be left on all the time and the boost side to be optional for solos, I'm absolutely in love with the sound I'm getting through my Chieftain with both sides on.  Just ballsy and awesome.  Thanks again for the lovely projects, Bean!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

pickdropper

Man, that is great artwork.  The black and green color scheme works well, IMHO.

Guts are surprisingly neat considering how much is in there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

njkke

raulduke

Lovely stuff.

I love the artwork and execution.

murdog47

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

Very, very nice. Those knobs are perfect for that build, too.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

This is great! Two of my absolute favorite Madbean projects, and the artwork is super cute.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Roctopus

gordo

Very nice!!! I'm finding I'm using the AL a lot lately, it's become my fave compressor. Fatpants isn't on my board yet but will be. I ran my Line6 Variax (the cheap one) thru the Current Lover and Afterlife and into my Vox Night Train & 412 this evening at rehearsal and the sound was just sick. The NT is proving to be a superb little amp to show off pedals.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Liustucru

Very cool build !!!
I also have these 2 awesome Madbean projects in my pedalboard in 2 different boxes but ALWAYS ON !!!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on October 11, 2012, 09:18:57 PM
Man, that is great artwork.  The black and green color scheme works well, IMHO.

Guts are surprisingly neat considering how much is in there.

That's exactly what i was going to say.

Awesome job in and out Dan, Love It! :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

bigrigg

That looks great.  However, I must point out that the little kitty's helmet is far to large.  Hey, we can't all be perfect.  ;D