News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

(SOME) Member Accounts Will Be Deleted on Nov.5

Started by madbean, November 03, 2012, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

We've got 1800 accounts on here with no posts. That's a whole lot of lurkin' and/or fake accounts. So, I will cleaning house on these accounts very soon.

On Nov. 5th (or soon after), I will delete all member accounts that meet the following criteria:

Account has zero posts AND, member has not been active (lurked) within the last 60 days

I picked this condition because it should not lead to the deletion of any lurkers that have been active recently (browsed the forum).

No account will ever be deleted that has at least one post...so feel free to make your first in this thread!

Jargo

Please do not delete my account - I value this community and its input (no input pun intended) - I know I have a few posts and haven't been active for a while, but I swear I have been building and reading quite a bit. Now with this hurricane...just got power back. talk soon

Dennis

madbean

QuoteNo account will ever be deleted that has at least one post...

fendman

Hey Beans..I just ordered some boards.lol This is my first post I only joined a couple of days ago.

There is just so much to read in here 8)    

artstomp

..my first post, Sir Bean...I'm in my mid 40's now...used to reverse engineer Boss pedals in my college days like some of the good guys around here...t'was a DS1 Distortion pedal then...and TA7136 ic was still available...
but those kind of thing has been put aside when i got married...got into wedding videography instead...but just last year i've discovered this wonderful community, this wonderful guy, Madbean...and voila!...got bitten again by the DIY bug..thank you sir Madbean!...by the way...i still have a handful of JRC4558 with 4 digits serial # which means they are identical to TS808 opamps....

ryanisradd

I've been a horrible lurker but I promise to post some build pics soon! I'm waiting on a nice camera because my lady and I have made some pretty spectacular enclosures. But I'd like to say thank you to Mr. Bean and all the other electronics wizards on the forum who have helped us out with builds! My pedalboard is bursting at the seams!

Pics soon promise!

Ryan and Emma ;D
Affiliations: I work for Chase Bliss Audio making things with lots of DIP switches.

Jargo

Quote from: madbean on November 04, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
QuoteNo account will ever be deleted that has at least one post...

I know, I was just reiterating :-)

thanks!

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Om_Audio

Sent via soup cans and string.

madbean

I got about twenty pages of inactive accounts eliminated yesterday , but still have a long ways to go.

toetap

Don't delete me,I'm a friendly lurker and customer :( I have pm'd some and enjoy reading almost daily. This is at least a good time and say thanks Brian!

Om_Audio

Quote from: madbean on November 06, 2012, 10:36:30 AM
I got about twenty pages of inactive accounts eliminated yesterday , but still have a long ways to go.

Fall cleaning- bet it feels good!
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

nashpropst

Have always appreciated your work.  Thank you for your endless research and resources.

rjkanejr

Just posting because I want to make the cut, er well, I don't want to be cut I should say.  I admit I am mostly a lurker, but I have posted from time to time.  I don't think I'll be cut, but I am hoping that my posting will help my cause.  I AM NOT A LURKER, I AM A HUMAN BEAN!  (Ok bad movie reference/poor humor)

DLDTEX

I also ask not to be deleted. Is some way to help the site financially. I have purchased several PCB's so I would like to continue on with forum.

Thanks