News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phaser 90 paser noise on the back

Started by Pvt. Parts, November 10, 2012, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pvt. Parts

just did a test run on a phaser from tone pad, but I get lots of noise on the back round, the noise phases... It doesn't have a nice phase but I'm shure that`s due I put random MPF102  ::) (I just got 7 and didn't get a nice 4 set out of that, Ill get more later on) 

My main concern is the noise, I EVEN GOT IT STUK IN MY HEAD...!!!
"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt

jkokura

Hey man,

Have you tried looking at our tech help rules and tips thread? There's some great info in there that might get you going, and some guidelines on what kind of info we need to help you out. Perhaps it's something simple, so check out this thread and get back to us - we'll get you going asap.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Pvt. Parts

1) PEZ 90 (tone pad-Rev.6.sep.30.2007)

2) lots of hiss in line with the phase (ie the hiss moves along with the phase shifting) AND IT`S VERY ANOING and dust pops sound (but got rid of that)

3) clean off all the soldering flux, did so by passing a lighter over the bottom side of the PCB to melt it and remove more faster (and the dust pops ended)

4)  Removed the feedback resistor (made a test with it in and didn't hear the deference) also I have a reflective sticker on the PCB side up, the sticker has 3 layers the adhesive metal reflective and a protective cote, yes the metal reflective is conductive, I MADE SHURE IT`S NOT SHORTING ANYTHING, (cheated like 10 times) its hard to even get the fault to happen o purpose, did several tests with it after.

tested with it out of the box, a new 9v  bat and 16AWG cable (the ones I use in school to start electric motors)

my personal opinion is that I need a noise gate, but with out the effect I have littel hiss.
"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt

jkokura

Is the noise happening when you have your guitar plugged into the amp without your effect on? Is the noise happening when the effect is plugged into your amp, but nothing is plugged into your effect (no guitar).

What you have to do is figure out where the noise is coming from first. Are you sure it's in the pedal and not in your power supply, or guitar?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals