News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4049 chips

Started by gtr2, December 01, 2010, 01:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Is there a difference between the CD4049UBE and 4049UBN?  I've seen both of these listed for red llama schematics.  Can either be used?  I looked at spec sheets but it was like reading a foreign language for me.  :(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

UB means unbuffered, which is the important part. I think the N designation is for surface mount....can you link the datasheet you saw for the N? I'll look at it.

eniacmike

N is thru hole.

The suffix 'CD' or 'CM' almost always indicates surface mount, whereas the 'CP' or 'CN' or 'N' suffix indicates thru-hole.

I made the mistake of ordering tl082cd for my ego driver and found out the hardway. now I have this written on a sticky note on my monitor. 4049UBN should be good I think the GGG kit comes with those.

madbean

Thanks for the cleanup, Mike.

gtr2

Thanks guys!  Small Bear has the CD4049UBE http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=231  I can't imagine him selling a surface mount?

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tonedeaf

I have CD4049UBEs that I bought for -something-...  (can't remember what at this point!).  Pretty sure I got them at mouser not SBE but either way they're through-hole (PDIP - plastic dual-inline)