News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver!!!!

Started by jackbart1960, December 01, 2010, 07:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackbart1960

Just got back from the local GC A/B'n my freshly minted Egodriver with the other box and while mine is about 10' darker on the tone knob I think it just about kills it!!!! I ain't going to show gut shots while it's still a OK job it just ain't good enough to show you all.  ::) I put it together this morning and hit the shrink tubing with a heat gun and anything that had some thing tightened on it pinwheeled the paint and then I put it on the deck and fired it up and it sounds friggen glorious but the pots are all wired backwards $%&&^!!! God I was pissed.  I thought I was going to fling the thing. But went and got a coffee and came back and fixed it and it is another awesome box that I built with one of MB's boards!!! Also just finished my second Yelow Shark build too. Came out excelent also. My guitar tech just about mugged me for the first one that I built and had to replace it.  Peace and thank you Madbean for a very cool product. J.J.B.

jkokura

It's just a pretty box with knobs unless you show us the guts jack!

hee hee... it is a pretty colour.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jackbart1960

All right Jacob you shamed me into it ::) That and I'll have to post my new Yellow Shark in my post on that box. It's not bad it's just not up to the best I could do if it wasn't F'n put together f'n backwards the first time ;D. Oh ya the color reminded me of Bianchi bicycle green with a tiny bit of black mixed in.
Peace. J.J.B

maysink

Lookin' good! I don't think you got any worries with your wiring. Maybe next time turn down your soldering iron a tad (assuming it's variable) to prevent melting wire insulation. As for the paper circuit-shorting shield--never would have thought of that. Personally, I use elec. tape or the soft velcro for such an occasion but if it works then it works!

I hope you told everyone at GC your box was a limited edition 1 of 1 box!

FYI: absolutely post the gut shot! There's ALWAYS someone waiting to shame you! ;)
[nothing to see here]
-e

jackbart1960

Quote from: maysink on December 01, 2010, 08:27:12 PM
As for the paper circuit-shorting shield--never would have thought of that.

It was the best use of the cards I had left over from the job I was laid-off from last year.
Peace. J.J.B.

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

gtr2

Nice build JJB!  I have yet to even try an ocd.  Maybe someday.  I've seen some pedals on the market with "guts" that don't look as good as yours btw.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

CMinusInGym

Why is there only one wire going to the LED.  I can't get the LED to work on mine, is this because I used both wires into the two holes?

nzCdog

Quote from: jackbart1960 on December 01, 2010, 08:40:15 PM
It was the best use of the cards I had left over from the job I was laid-off from last year.
Peace. J.J.B.
Oh rats...  Hope your new job is better!  Cool color :)

madbean

Quote from: CMinusInGym on February 12, 2011, 07:05:28 PM
Why is there only one wire going to the LED.  I can't get the LED to work on mine, is this because I used both wires into the two holes?

Instead of attaching wires to both leads on the LED and then running another wire from the SW pad to the 3PDT, he just attached the negative end of the LED directly to the 3PDT.

Nice work, Jackbart! But, you say your build was a lot darker sounding than the one you tried in the store? I'm curious about that.

eniacmike

I a/bd mine with my rev. 4 OCD and it sounded identical.

Your build looks really clean. You should be proud. Also nice job on the bianchi Celeste green. My first road bike was a bianchi.