News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Custom Boards

Started by Meowy, December 04, 2010, 10:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowy

Brian do you do any custom boards in your "spare time"?

Or do you allow any modifications on your existing designs?

I've been building a few designs on Vero that are very close to some of your current boards. I would love to be able to build these on PCB

ckyvick

Not sure if he will design a board for you, but if there is a pcb design posted somewhere you can contact him to etch you the pcb I believe.

madbean

I have already responded to Meowy through email, but just to clarify: yes, I do custom work when time allows. I enjoy it quite a bit!

onthetundra

What program do you use to design your pcbs?

Meowy

I've just been using DIY Layout Creator. It's a great basic program, but one of these days I need to take on the learning curve of Eagle or FreePCB so I can create standardized output

stecykmi

eagle is not as hard as you might think, especially if you've used a layout program before.

madbean

Yeah, it isn't hard to use. But, it is one of those pieces of software that you have to 'refine' your knowledge of over time. There's still a few things I don't know how to do. But, within a week or two you can master the basics.

rhcp311

Brian, I'm also very interested in this topic. I just sent you an e-mail. Hope to hear back soon!