News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Goatkeeper trem.

Started by JakeFuzz, December 04, 2010, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashguitar

really, I was joking about the Strymon stuff.
Still, a very cool build and thanks for sharing the info. I've feel like I've just started learning about building pedals and haven't dipped into learning much about the digital stuff.
I understand the time thing. Most of the people on the forum are way more prolific than me, just because of family, job, and band commitments, I haven't been able to build a lot .

reddo

Very cool. What language is the code written in?

JakeFuzz

Quote from: crashguitar on January 26, 2011, 10:46:37 PM
really, I was joking about the Strymon stuff.
Still, a very cool build and thanks for sharing the info. I've feel like I've just started learning about building pedals and haven't dipped into learning much about the digital stuff.
I understand the time thing. Most of the people on the forum are way more prolific than me, just because of family, job, and band commitments, I haven't been able to build a lot .

Oh no worries. I didn't take any offense at your comment. That strymon stuff would be very cool to have. I still really don't understand the digital stuff, analog signal processing is so versatile I have never really felt the need to move to dsp. I am totally a weekend builder so I still feel I have a lot to learn.

Quote from: reddo on January 26, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Very cool. What language is the code written in?

The code was written in assembly language, not my first choice but the original author is an embedded programmer (I think) and those guys have to save space and calculation time!  

JakeFuzz

Just added on to the existing schematic. Pardon the odd colors, it became too illegible without them.

madbean

I haven't checked this thread in a while and it looks like I missed out on a lot! This looks like some outstanding work Jake.

If you are interested, perhaps we could collaborate into making this into a DIY project. You seem to have a good handle on the programming part, and I could help with the putting bits where part :)

JakeFuzz

Quote from: madbean on February 11, 2011, 02:01:46 PM
I haven't checked this thread in a while and it looks like I missed out on a lot! This looks like some outstanding work Jake.

If you are interested, perhaps we could collaborate into making this into a DIY project. You seem to have a good handle on the programming part, and I could help with the putting bits where part :)

You're way too nice. I really don't know about outstanding! The 4-8-6 switch doesn't quite work yet (pretty easy fix I think) and I haven't been able to test the indicator LEDs yet. The programming part is where it should be but the circuit design needs to be tested much more and refined. If you think this could be a DIY project I will help out the best I can!

turunturun

I created an account just so I could say.....anxiously awaiting the DIY version!!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

JakeFuzz

Okay fixed the 4-8-6 switch, very easy. My mistake, you do need reverse voltage protection diodes for the 8 (always connected) and the 4-6 output.

Still haven't tested the LED's, will get around to it ASAP. I was playing it the other day and had an overdrive after it and was noticing some high frequency noise, like a soft high pitched whine. I am thinking because the led output is pulse width modulated it is introducing noise into the signal. Maybe a coupling capacitor somewhere could help filter it out? The strange thing is that it was only coming through when I was playing.

Also I need to add a volume control. Should I add variable resistance into the feedback loop of the last op amp or just pass the output signal into a variable resistor to ground?

Regretting my cheesy paint job, looks like a bad tribal arm band tattoo. I am going to strip it back to bare and just decal on black labels. 

JakeFuzz

gtr2

Awesome!  My vote for DIY pedal of the year!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Quote from: madbean on February 11, 2011, 02:01:46 PM

Are you still interested in this Bean? Cause this would be a reaaaaally amazing project!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

Great stuff Jake. I was wanting to see this thing in action.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

good grief! that thing is badass!!! bravo!!!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

petesz

:o
wow amazing! nicely done

k.rock!

Dude it sounds fantastic! You did an amazing job at this! Really cool...Didn't even realize that was you who made the pedal when I posted my other comment to Bean :o haha that's what happens when I don't read a few threads before posting comments  :P Great stuff!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com