News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Goatkeeper trem.

Started by JakeFuzz, December 04, 2010, 11:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

JakeFuzz

Thanks everyone! I had lots of fun and learned a ton by taking on this project. I will probably make minor revisions here and there for certain things and will keep you guys in the loop!

Hyatt

Great work.  Hopefully reviving this thread could turn it into a DIY project!  This has been one of my most sought after effects!

Haberdasher

Well I haven't watched this vid in a long time.  You got skillz, Paul.  Awesome project.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JakeFuzz

Haha, yeah I haven't seen that video in a while either. I haven't worked on this project in forever. It still clicks like crazy with the trem signal. I got it to stop once somehow but it never did it again after that.

I honestly think that for $20 the Molten Voltage LFO chip is the way to go. It has the sequencer built into it. And you can save a bunch of sequence "programs". I dont know about that opto isolator technique they use in their schematic but you could just hook up the led/ldr to the same tremulus lune circuit if you wanted to. It is super simple. Ill see if I cant get an eagle board together, my layout skills are severely lacking though.

jtn191

earlier you said

QuoteOne of the projects I was hoping to get started next was to make a small footprint real tape delay using the old Walkman style cassette read/write heads and tape cartridges... One day.

I'd be all over that. And this. But mostly that

JakeFuzz

Quote from: jtn191 on August 18, 2011, 06:55:07 PM
earlier you said

QuoteOne of the projects I was hoping to get started next was to make a small footprint real tape delay using the old Walkman style cassette read/write heads and tape cartridges... One day.

I'd be all over that. And this. But mostly that

Yeah that's a ways off. I've got a bunch of projects to finish before I even start on that one. I do know an awesome surplus place where I can probably get read/write heads for pennies. I really want to do a project like this, the mechanical part of it is probably going to be the most difficult.