News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Enclosure size templates for artwork

Started by Knut Koupee, December 09, 2012, 09:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knut Koupee

Is there a graphic format available (to use in photoshop or something similar), blank, for various enclosures sizes in actual size ready for waterslide printing?

In particular I have need for 1590bb right now, but other sizes would be cool too (1790ns, 1590b, etc)

Thank you :)

juansolo

I've shoved my Photoshop Templates here.

Sizes are from 1590A (mini) to 1590XX (huge)

The layouts are laid out around Josh's Optotron board (apart from the mini which is a 3PDT). Generally they're quite tight. But it's all layers anyhow so you can move it all around.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Knut Koupee

Quote from: juansolo on December 10, 2012, 01:38:59 AM

The layouts are laid out around Josh's Optotron board (apart from the mini which is a 3PDT). Generally they're quite tight. But it's all layers anyhow so you can move it all around.

Thanks for the links. Is Large the 1590bb? At 100% it looks HUGE. Not sure if it is meant to be 1:1 or not. A layer with dimensions would be super handy (knob 1 is .5 inches from both corners or whatever)

Still trying to figure this out, would be nifty to get a drill template and graphics pattern match :D

Knut Koupee

Quote from: Tremster on December 10, 2012, 11:22:41 AM
Here as well: http://diy.musikding.de/index.php/195.html

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately that file format is supported by an application that doesn't run on my operating system (OSX).

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Quote from: Knut Koupee on December 10, 2012, 08:26:25 PM
Quote from: Tremster on December 10, 2012, 11:22:41 AM
Here as well: http://diy.musikding.de/index.php/195.html

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately that file format is supported by an application that doesn't run on my operating system (OSX).

It works, you just need to fix the file name. If it says .svg.xml, delete the .xml part, and then you can use Inkscape to open the files.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Hangingmonkey

crashguitar

Thanks, I just grabbed the pedal vector package. Looks pretty cool!

Chad

Mike @ Rawkworks

Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

juansolo

Quote from: Knut Koupee on December 10, 2012, 08:25:41 PM
Quote from: juansolo on December 10, 2012, 01:38:59 AM

Thanks for the links. Is Large the 1590bb? At 100% it looks HUGE. Not sure if it is meant to be 1:1 or not. A layer with dimensions would be super handy (knob 1 is .5 inches from both corners or whatever)

Still trying to figure this out, would be nifty to get a drill template and graphics pattern match :D

Yep, large is 1590BB. Print it out and it should be the correct size. They do seem large on screen.

Briman1974

Which one is for the 125b size and 1590b? Thanks for your help.

decsnspace

juansolo,
I downloaded the pstemplates that you posted a while back. The templates have been very helpful for me to use as a base template design for creating guitar pedal images in photoshop. However I recently copied over the file I had for your 1590A enclosure and now the link to your website seems to be broken or dead.
Did you happen to move the templates to a new location on your site or did you just decide to take them down?
Any chance you might be able to provide a new link for us or maybe post a copy of your 1590A template that I could use?
If so, much appreciated as I'm currently building the bacon bits, runt, and afterlife and this template would be a lifesaver! Thanks! ;)

juansolo

Ah yes, I did a lot of updates to them and forgot to put them back... They'll be back there in a sec

EDIT:

Back there now.

The CB1590B template is for a Camden Boss 1590B.
I've updated the 1590D/DD and it's now more accurate... It's also the template for a Space Ritual if you fancy making one ;)
The 1590Av2 is for a using 16mm pots and those new tiny jacks we've got.
The rest are pretty much as they were, all set up for Josh's Optotron boards.

decsnspace

Very cool!
Thanks for updating that link juansolo!

I went ahead and saved your new templates just in case I make the same mistake again.
Here's what my Bacon Bits (aka "Rocket Boost") design looks like that I created using your template. I replaced the 9vDC text with the cent_neg.jpg which I found on google.