News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Adding an FX Loop to madbean delay projects?

Started by claytushaywood, December 12, 2012, 02:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I tried putting the JMK panner in between the Mix pot lug 3 pad on the Multiplex and Lug 3 of the mix pot (have to use solder tab pots instead of board mount) and I can confirm that it works great. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

claytushaywood

once again, Excellent work timbo.  Got a few questions for ya
1.) have you had any difficulty with particular effects? 
    a.) if so, do you know what the problem stems from?  ie: impedance- output or input, gain,
2.) When putting an effect in the loop does the effect get more and more effected with each repeat.  For example- if you put an octave down pedal in the loop- would each repeat go down a full octave?  or would all of the repeats stay one octave down?
     b.)  do you know how to switch between those two modes??

Awesome video demo! reverb and trem on delay repeats=win!

timbo_93631

1. and 1a. I only tried the things I had on had through the FX loop, a Fuzzrite, the verb, and the tremolo, and all sounded as expected.  Using the Panner would solve any impedance issues because it is a buffered splitter and a buffered mixer basically.

2.  Using the panner for an FX loop on lug 3 of the mix pot does not have an effect on subsequent repeats.  It runs the delay signal through the loop before it gets mixed back to the clean signal.  It is like having the effects in the loop after the delay on a pedalboard, but the clean tone is not run through the loop.
2b.  You could just have another stomp setup like a regular true bypass for the in/out of a normal PCB but use the Send and Return of the Panner.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

claytushaywood

Quote from: timbo_93631 on December 18, 2013, 08:21:56 AM

2b.  You could just have another stomp setup like a regular true bypass for the in/out of a normal PCB but use the Send and Return of the Panner.

im not quite sure what you mean by this.

timbo_93631

I thought you were asking how to make the loop footswitchable, and if that is what you were after you'd just make the send and return go through a 3PDT so either it would be bypassed through the jumper or run to the send jack where you'd normally put the wire to the in pad of a PCB, and the return jack wired to where you'd normally have the wire to the out pad of a PCB.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

To add the JMK panner to a Sea Urchin, I've read in this thread that pin 3 of Mix is the business.

How well would sticking it after C5 work? Then you'd have Mix and Fdbk both receiving FXloop'ed signal.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website