News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Crusty Brussel - sprout and SHO 2-in-1 box

Started by Willybomb, December 21, 2012, 12:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, just finished my "Crusty Brussel", which has a Haberdasher Sprout etch on one side and a vero of Soul Sonics' Crackle Not OK SHO improvement.

First go at a multi, and it worked first go.  If you look at the gutshot you'll see I haven't bothered to run the effect inouts to ground when switched out of the circuit.  Is this like crossing the streams or doesn't it make a difference?

Might have done something wrong with the sprout.  It sounds ok but it really has that top end torn speaker sound at the end of the chords.  Having said that, the transistors are just the generic pn100http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZT2283 that I can get easily locally... I shpuld probably decouple the power from the effects too, but anyway.

The enclosure is an experiment.  It's actually a reclaimed case that was going to be used for a Kranosaurus before I messed up the holes.  I used Kneed It to fill the holes, then redrilled it, and instead of the usual t-shirt transfer I laser printed onto 210gsm paper and used spray adhesive to hold that to the top.  It took gallons of clearcoat to get a decent result on the top though, I daresay the paper soaked up stacks before it leveled out.  

Anyway:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MattOcaster

Nice build!
What did you do to piss off Pacman so much? ;)
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

LOVE IT!  Super graphic work, and great name.  Brussel sprouts are evil! 8)