News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Question about rotary switching

Started by onthetundra, December 09, 2010, 12:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthetundra

Hey Ive got a question for ya...

Im wanting to put maybe 4 small simple fuzz circuit boards in one box and make it so i can switch from one to the next with a rotary switch. This would use only one input/output/power source/ and 3pdt switch.  Would I use a 2 pole 8 position switch and run the input wire from each board onto the four positions of one side of the rotary switch with the input wire from the input tip to that side's pole and then do the same for the output on the other side? Then just wire all the rest of the wires to their regular spots?  Im not sure if this would work as described but your thoughts would be great to hear.

JakeFuzz

Sounds like it should work the way your setting it up. You do mean 2P4T, a double pole 8 position switch is pretty hard to come by. I was looking for one a few weeks back oddly enough, couldn't find anything. That is an interesting idea, your going to need a big box to fit 4 separate boards.

madbean

There might be some interesting sounds to be had by allowing them to run in series. Some fuzzes work well this way. Four mini DPDT's won't take up too much space in what will likely be a decent size enclosure. You might also be able to do them as small tactile switches, which would be slick. Just a thought.

onthetundra

Yea I have done a bunch of mutlipedals with them wired in series having their own 3pdt switches per effect.  I think I might do 3 fuzzes in series but use rotary switches for  some aspects of each effect like the clipping diodes among other things.  This way I can use more than 1 at a time.  I'll let you know how it goes.