News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Breakout board / Testing Rig

Started by gtr2, December 11, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Finally rigged up a testing station based off of "The Amazing Beavis Board".  It's not pretty, wasn't meant to be, but it is functional.  It sure beats alligator clips and rats nest test setups  ::).  I followed the design of the beavis board, except I have two spare slots on the terminal strip if I want to use them for something else and I wired the voltage pot so it would sag as I turn it clockwise.  Took me about 3 hours from start to finish.  There has been testing rig talk previously here so I decided to post it for anyone was looking into this option.

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Looks pretty nice, to me.

Those pics along with the Beavis documentation are going to give me an idiot proof guide when I re-do mine!  :)

btw, I like that knob for this.  where did that come from? thx
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

The knob is from mammoth.  I'm a perfectionist so the little things like the labels being crooked drive me nuts.  But I just wanted to get it functional.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Ha ha, I can totally relate. If I have a stack of papers I'll sit there and shuffle them until they all align perfectly on top of each other. If they don't, I feel a little unnerved.