News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ooherr!

Started by juansolo, December 12, 2010, 05:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

It's an oohwah!

Not an easy build. Made worse by trying to fit it into this enclosure. Looked awesome the first time I assembled it, but I had to totally strip it to reverse all the LEDs. Now they're somewhat recessed and I'll be damned if I'm going to take it apart again to level them out! Saying that, it actually looks cool as hell when it's running.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

That.is.F'n.Killer!

Man...you done good. I am very impressed with this. How did you secure those type of pots to the enclosure? They don't have panel screws.

juansolo

LEDs are glued in and there's quite a bit of pressure on the board from behind holding it all in place. It'd all be a lot more elegant if I ever did it again (and the text would line up better for the switches) now I know how it all goes together. The pots are cheapo Japanese ones would you believe it. (about 40p each!). They only really do anything for the first 1/4 of a turn but I believe this is normal... (maybe!?) Otherwise everything does what it says on the tin. Top fun thing!

gtr2

This is really cool  :o

Is the top graphic a sticker or waterslide decal?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

milkypostman

Yeah but think about having to cram this into a zvex B size case!  I dunno how that guy does it.  He's a maniac.  But I guess if that's your job you do what you gotta do.  Plus, board mounted LEDS and pots would help I suppose.  Not sure how you'd do it but i'm sure someone has taken a look into the original ZVEX version?

juansolo

Quote from: gtr2 on December 12, 2010, 09:22:14 AM
This is really cool  :o

Is the top graphic a sticker or waterslide decal?

I use adhesive transparent inkjet decals.

buckysde

Many thanks for this post!  Your guts shot is what I needed to answer some questions I had about my (currently non-functioning) OhhWah.

Cheers!

juansolo

I'll try and get some better pics and swap them. My tidiness OCD kicked in today and I've had it in bits today to restore the height of the 3rd LED...

juansolo

Quote from: milkypostman on December 12, 2010, 10:13:12 AM
Yeah but think about having to cram this into a zvex B size case!  I dunno how that guy does it.  He's a maniac.  But I guess if that's your job you do what you gotta do.  Plus, board mounted LEDS and pots would help I suppose.  Not sure how you'd do it but i'm sure someone has taken a look into the original ZVEX version?

It's got to be all board mounted to do it... I really couldn't get it into anything smaller!

camsna

Beautiful!

Dig those knobs, man. Where can I get some? :)

juansolo

I honestly don't know. They were on a pedal that someone sent to me to rebuild into something else and it ended up with different knobs on it so they've been sat in my box of knobs since.