News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

The odd thing is that while you think its simple, to others simple is..... relative? ;)

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Muadzin on October 07, 2016, 07:47:06 AM
The odd thing is that while you think its simple, to others simple is..... relative? ;)
Well... yeah... but.... compared to all of my other boards, this is drop dead easy [emoji1]
Edit: Meanwhile I covered the top with velcro and improved the mounting on the bottom side - I changed the relevant pictures in my post. Does it look simple enough now?  ;D ;D ;D

Muadzin

To quite jimilee, simplistically complicated. ;)

How does the headset mic work out. I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while now. I hate having to lean over towards the mic (across my pedal board) as I think it adversely affects either my playing or my singing. I might just barely be able to sing and play guitar, not a good multitasker, so add leaning over towards a mic and that's asking too much of my processing thinking power.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Muadzin on October 10, 2016, 05:57:44 AM
To quite jimilee, simplistically complicated. ;)

How does the headset mic work out. I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while now. I hate having to lean over towards the mic (across my pedal board) as I think it adversely affects either my playing or my singing. I might just barely be able to sing and play guitar, not a good multitasker, so add leaning over towards a mic and that's asking too much of my processing thinking power.

I am quite happy with the microphone in terms of sound, but you need to be aware of two things:

1) Volume-control by changing the distance to the microphone does not work - I am not that dynamic (in general  ;)), and the TC compressor does the rest
2) Putting it on and off is a PITA - Take of the glasses, put the mike on, clip the XLR-Jack to your belt, put on guitar, put on glasses. You need a mute switch for that procedure (that's why I built one).

Highway31

That's mine! At the moment....  ;D

Top (in the dark): Carl Martin Power Supply - DIY Level-Tone-Control for the Korg - Korg G4 - Tuner - Battery pack for Wah and Gain & Balls
Middle: Vox Time Machine
The rest: DIY Looper to switch between Time Machine and Korg G4 - Rockett Dude - DIY Gain & Balls - Amp1 - George Dennis Wah

brejna

Quote from: Highway31 on December 08, 2016, 03:39:40 AM

Top (in the dark): Carl Martin Power Supply - DIY Level-Tone-Control for the Korg - Korg G4 - Tuner - Battery pack for Wah and Gain & Balls
The rest: DIY Looper to switch between Time Machine and Korg G4 - Rockett Dude - DIY Gain & Balls - Amp1 - George Dennis Wah

That is great board! :) Since you got there Amp 1, please I need some feedback.. I watched almost all clips online and I am close to buy it. Thomas blug did great job with it. What do you think?

Muadzin

Quote from: Highway31 on December 08, 2016, 03:39:40 AM

I recognize that case. That's a Rockcase, right? I used to have 3 of those, I kinda wore them out.  ;D

Highway31

Yes, it's a Rockcase but modified to my needs  :D

I bought the Amp1 soon after it was on the market and tested it with different speakers and cabinets but I was
not 100% satisfied. So, I returned it within the 30-days-money-back-guarantee.
Months later I made a 1x12" cabinet for a friend and his Amp1 and we tested all of my speakers. The
winner was the WGS Veteran 30. We were very impressed by the Amp1/WGS combination.
Weeks later I ordered a second Amp1 and buildt two 1x12" cabinets. One for home and one for the rehearsal room.
I compared my cabinets against the Bluguitar Fatcab -had one at home for two weeks- but the Fatcab was too 'fat' for me  ;D
I found the perfect combination for me. It works great...Clean,overdriven, Distorted...With Stratocaster, Telecaster and Les Paul guitars. ;D ;D ;D

devilsnight

In the spirit of DIY here is a board I made last year with a couple of pedals I made myself. I gotta laugh a little at the simplicity of it all but, perhaps I'll update this soon! There are definately upsides and downsides to this sort of "board"

brejna

Quote from: Highway31 on December 09, 2016, 10:08:49 PM
Yes, it's a Rockcase but modified to my needs  :D

I bought the Amp1 soon after it was on the market and tested it with different speakers and cabinets but I was
not 100% satisfied. So, I returned it within the 30-days-money-back-guarantee.
Months later I made a 1x12" cabinet for a friend and his Amp1 and we tested all of my speakers. The
winner was the WGS Veteran 30. We were very impressed by the Amp1/WGS combination.
Weeks later I ordered a second Amp1 and buildt two 1x12" cabinets. One for home and one for the rehearsal room.
I compared my cabinets against the Bluguitar Fatcab -had one at home for two weeks- but the Fatcab was too 'fat' for me  ;D
I found the perfect combination for me. It works great...Clean,overdriven, Distorted...With Stratocaster, Telecaster and Les Paul guitars. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for info. I am also building a 212 cab with WGS Veteran 30s for Rocket I am working on, so I am glad it is great combination with Amp1 :)

Thanks again
Cheers
Brane

cresconio

Thought I should share my current setup. The chain is as follows:

Korg Tuner -> Morley Wah/Volume -> H&K Tube Factor -> BOSS CH-1 -> DIY Deluge (BYOC Tremolo, everything spray painted) -> DIY Fuzz (No idea what it is, bought it from a friend) -> Ibanez CF7 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Boss DD-6 -> EHX Holy Grail Nano -> Boss GE-7

Current goal is to get rid of most of the pedals and replace them with something I built myself. And I need to get a looper of some sorts, I'm done tapdancing.

cajone5

^^^Nice!

2017 -- the year of the DIY board conversion.  I have the same goal.  If I can build something that replaces a commercial pedal (that I can sell to fund other things), I want to get it done this year.  I'm about 1/2 way there now and want a full DIY board with limited exceptions by years end.

cloudscapes

Haven't done one of these in a while.

m-Kresol

your collection is fantastic. I mean all your diy builds are otherworldsly anyways, but to add a red panda particle, the strymons and then to top it off, the montreal assembly count to 5?! I'm positively jealous.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

drolo

my new setup, slowly coming together after our move to the new house