News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I just finished finals...need help on which projects to start first

Started by B_of_H, December 16, 2010, 02:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

which one should I start on?  then which next?

got:

chunk chunk
yellow shark
aqua boy x2 (also have double delay time pcbs)
sunking x2
serendipity x2
egodriver x2

that is just the madbean list...I have had all the parts for two months with no time to work on them.  lol

I've also got a 100 watt sunn clone head from weber 6s100 sitting in the box it was shipped in, a few wahs to perfboard, a handful of mods/fixes for other people but I need to build one of these madbean peals at least before I get to something else. 

jackbart1960

I've built two Yellow Sharks and an Egodriver, all came out stella!!! I just ordered the Sunking board and a Grapevine. But it would be a tough choice with what you've there.  I'd be more inclined to probably build more dirt, but I can't wait to start to building a couple of modulation boxi.
Peace. J.J.B.

B_of_H

Quote from: jackbart1960 on December 16, 2010, 03:06:42 PM
I've built two Yellow Sharks and an Egodriver, all came out stella!!! I just ordered the Sunking board and a Grapevine. But it would be a tough choice with what you've there.  I'd be more inclined to probably build more dirt, but I can't wait to start to building a couple of modulation boxi.
Peace. J.J.B.

whoops

I forgot I also have 2 sabertooth's to build as well.  :)

eniacmike

I would probably just do one quick project and then start on the amp! that sounds like alot of fun but it would be cool to cross a pedal off before you start on the amp.

I always try to do my pedals in order but sometimes I put off projects and end up with some projects sitting for a while.

I would say the most fun would probably be the chunk chunk. the easiest would be the ego or serendipity. I haven't tried the yellow shark yet. the aqua boy or the sunking are the most challenging.

jackbart1960

Quote from: B_of_H on December 16, 2010, 03:20:38 PM
Quote from: jackbart1960 on December 16, 2010, 03:06:42 PM
Peace. J.J.B.

whoops

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude ::)

jkokura

Quote from: B_of_H on December 16, 2010, 02:36:13 PM
chunk chunk
yellow shark
aqua boy x2 (also have double delay time pcbs)
sunking x2
serendipity x2
egodriver x2
Quote from: B_of_H on December 16, 2010, 03:20:38 PM

My order:

Sunking
Aquaboy
Yellow Shark
Serendipity
Egodriver
Sabertooth
Chunk Chunk

However, no builds are linear like that for me. What I would do is populate all the boards. I'd also be working on the tooling, decaling, and clear coating of my enclosures. Then, I'd starting wiring up the boards, using the finished enclosure as a guide for where things will be wired, I'd start verifying the boards are working, and then doing the wiring harnesses. Then I'd get all assmbly line and finish all the pedals within a couple hours. So in my mind...

All of them simultaneously.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

B_of_H

good point.  I'm leaning towards the chunk chunk right now. :)

for the record I already have some of these finished but I need to build some for bandmates and i'm also putting together a mini pedalboard right now for myself.  It sucks buying all the part for pedals then having a ton of work/gigs come in at once.  I usually don't allow things to get backed up like this: my shop is a disaster. 

jkokura

I understand. I build in spurts too. Often, I find I need one more order of parts to come in from one supplier, then all of the sudden I can build a half dozen pedals. It makes for busy times, but unlike you - work and gigs are far in between from me. Hopefully the new year will bring change in that department...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals