Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankosaurus several doubts

Started by gtangas, February 06, 2013, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hi guys

Yesterday arrived some material from tayda and finished my Krankosaurus

I'm having some sweeping noise from the pots 5kc (gain and boost) ... Bad pots?? No noise at all with the others pots

I bought in a local shop the zener diodes and they only ad the black ones, not the normal glass diodes. Do you think this fact cause any issue with the sound?

I'm not getting the sound like a few demos I heard from this box. I lacks something

All ready changed the C1 with a 22nf.... I know that the fact a few ceramic caps doesn't help...

midwayfair

Quote from: gtangas on February 06, 2013, 11:37:58 AM
Hi guys

Yesterday arrived some material from tayda and finished my Krankosaurus

I'm having some sweeping noise from the pots 5kc (gain and boost) ... Bad pots?? No noise at all with the others pots

I bought in a local shop the zener diodes and they only ad the black ones, not the normal glass diodes. Do you think this fact cause any issue with the sound?

I'm not getting the sound like a few demos I heard from this box. I lacks something

All ready changed the C1 with a 22nf.... I know that the fact a few ceramic caps doesn't help...

Both of these pots adjust bias, and, therefore are "Crackle OK."

The Zener diodes do not have any effect on the sound. They are there for static protection so the MOSFET doesn't get hurt by static discharge (this happens sometimes).

gtangas

midwayfair

Quote from: gtangas on February 06, 2013, 12:01:32 PM
Hi mwf

So it's normal this noise??

yes, the noise is normal. Any time you have a control that adjusts the bias on a transistor, it will make scratching noises.

gtangas

After your reply I watch a video showing the same noise...

Ok... So another build with no problems hehehe

Now... Boxing it! Another challenge

Thx