News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Project Day! 05.02.10 - Chunk Chunk & Faultline

Started by madbean, May 03, 2010, 06:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Chunk Chunk (Dr.Boogey) and Faultline (Catalinbread SFT) are now available on the projects page.

The Chunk Chunk is a face melter. You may want to join a Black Metal band after building it. The Faultline is also a fairly high gain distortion, with plenty of character and versatility.

PCB artwork is included in the docs.

pandadandan

Quote from: madbean on May 03, 2010, 06:40:39 PM
The Chunk Chunk (Dr.Boogey) and Faultline (Catalinbread SFT) are now available on the projects page.

The Chunk Chunk is a face melter. You may want to join a Black Metal band after building it. The Faultline is also a fairly high gain distortion, with plenty of character and versatility.

PCB artwork is included in the docs.

Yay! 
Gonna get a faultline in my next order.
Been waiting for that one for a while.

I've just finished populating the Kokbox, so I'm set for "brootal" distortion.  How does the Chunk Chunk compare, MB?

madbean

I prefer the Chunk Chunk over the Kokbox, I think. They are fairly similar in terms of 'architecture' but the CC just feels like...putting your head through a cement wall.

Actually, the 'presence' knob in the CC adds a LOT of extra tonal possibilities.

There are a few other high gain projects coming soon. Most notable, the 'Daytripper' which is my pedal version of the Vox Nightrain amp. It's not as high gain as the two above, but it has a lot of that good j-Fet compressed-saturation gain going on with the Vox feel.