News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

yellowshark green leds - question

Started by joshcamp, December 19, 2010, 08:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshcamp

question: should the two green leds in the yellowshark light up when powered ?

oldhousescott

No. You might see them light up slightly when playing hard, but with no signal, they shouldn't light up.

joshcamp

thanks ! 

How about this one:

I am getting a lot of hum, but i hear the effect perfectly. 

-if i dont connect ground to both in and out jack i get no sound and loud hum.  However, when i connect both jacks to ground, i get the effect but with some hum...
-I see madbeans' drawings on how to wire up the switches and jacks, where he leaves the ground off the output jack but connects ground to input.  this scheme doesn;t seem to work for me.  what can i be doing wrong here ?

any thoughts ?

jkokura

Depending on the jacks and enclosure you use, you may or may not need to connect the jacks to ground. The enclosures and jacks I use all conduct and become ground. This means I only need to connect the ground of the pcb, switch and dc to one of the jacks - the other jack connects through the enclosure.

Hum can come from many places. You need to figure out where it's coming from.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

joshcamp

yeah, this was a "duh!" moment.  I dont have this in an enclosure yet.   so - i bet when i wire the jacks together by the same ground i am getting the hum from a ground loop...  i will put this in an enclosure tonite and stop being so dumb

Thanks !