Author Topic: Cornish P2 workalike possibility???  (Read 2258 times)

JC103

• Stompbox Star
    • View Profile
Re: Cornish P2 workalike possibility???
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 01:31:16 AM »
Looks like an odd mash up of values from the Rams Head and the Civil War... time for another Mudbunny.

tveen323

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
Old post, sorry, if not okay, please remove.

I've been lurking the internet for quite some time to find P2 reference schematic! This thread is the best I could find!
Did any of you investigate further?

I found a photo of the backside of the P2 / G2 PCB (attachment). Apparently they share a identical PCB, which makes me wonder how the tone-stack off the P2 looks like, as you guys drew a basic muff tone-stack.

jimilee

• Electron Doctor
  • Jimi Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:36 AM »
Check out guitarpcb.com He has a G2 and an S2 if you search here, somebody has a single board for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

JC103

• Stompbox Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
the gtrpcb version do not sound authentic, not bad distortion, just not authentic copies. The forumite who designed the 2in1 got it really right when he did his! I think he uses a Paul McCartney avatar.

juansolo

• Electron Doctor
  • John - Wakefield, UK
    • View Profile
    • Juan's Gnomepage
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »
I've not really been grabbed by any of the Cornish clones I've built. They're all a little too focused on doing one thing for my liking. His buffer is a nice one though and we did jam one of those on the front of a Coloursound Overdriver/Powerboost to make it play nice with other things, which actually worked out quite nicely.
JuansoloFX Stompage - DIY effects library & stuff
(NOT commercial)

“I excite very large doom for days” - playpunk