News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bloviator Vs.1 volume drop

Started by rickyrocket, December 21, 2010, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickyrocket

Hi

I finally build the Bloviator Ver.1.0 - 12/5/09 and i get a volume drop when i use the pedal.
Is is normal ?

madbean

There's not a lot of gain in this design, but since it's active pretty much the whole way through, there should not be much signal loss, ether. How much of a drop do you have between bypass and effected signal?

You can balance this out a bit more by increasing R17. 100k will probably be okay there. Maybe socket it and try a couple of values above and below that, too.

rickyrocket

Quote from: madbean on December 22, 2010, 05:35:29 PM
There's not a lot of gain in this design, but since it's active pretty much the whole way through, there should not be much signal loss, ether. How much of a drop do you have between bypass and effected signal?

You can balance this out a bit more by increasing R17. 100k will probably be okay there. Maybe socket it and try a couple of values above and below that, too.

OK, i tried and the least volume drop i get with a jumper instead of any resistor. I would say about 30%, before it was about 70%.
I play through a Creative Laptop Speaker System instead of a guitar amp, could that be the reason ?

BassXtreme

I used a 32K resistor in series with a B50K pot for R17. I also lowered R1 & R19 to 100 ohms. more than enough gain for me