News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

painting enclosure

Started by felix, December 22, 2010, 04:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felix

I see pictures of everyones builds and most have text/writing on them. Whats the best way to go about getting font/text on my enclosures? (im assumeing on top of the paint).
So far all my builds are just plain colour painted.

jkokura

that's a big question!

There's a number of different methods. Popular ones include using a Water Slide Decal, using Stazon ink and rubber stamps, and even hand painting can be a good method.

The method depends on the result you want. Why don't you link us to a few pedals you like the finish of, and show us what you want your pedals to look like and we can try and give you some ideas on how to get there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CRBMoA

Don't underestimate the power of spray paint. And some Dymo labels.

This is about to be someone's new Slap Chop!

jkokura

That last one is mine (the gain station).

My method is a bit complicated and expensive if I do just one, but I'll tell you about it anyway.

I use a vector program to create my graphics. They produce line drawings that a local sign making business can print out. They use clear vinyl decal stock (Clear stickers) and coloured foils to print out the graphics, and a laser cutter to cut them all out.

I then take the stickers and put them on the enclosures, cut out the holes that are already drilled in the enclosures, and then start to clear coat them. Several coats and the edges start to go away. I bet if I tried hard I could make them disappear, but it never seems to matter much.

The others seem to be waterslide decal or a big clear decal that's been clear coated overtop.
Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals