News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Adding phase stages to the smoothie?

Started by Megadeth, March 01, 2013, 09:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth

Hi everyone! Just finished my Serendipity and my smoothie. Great pedals!

I really like the smoothie but i really want to go into van halen territory. Is it possible to add more phase stages without altering too much? I read about RG keens mod and it seems he just added the phase stages and i was wondering if the same thing applies to the smoothie.

My basic idea was to add this to a daughter board connected via cables connected to a switch so i could go between the original schematic and the mod.

I have attached a schematic but i have no friggin idea if it will work or if i will burn something.

Stomptown

I've never heard of the RG Keen mod but it wouldn't take much more effort/$$ to do up a phase 90. I've been considering boxing a smoothy and a phase 90 in an enclosure with a switch so I can choose between the two circuits. From the Madbean demo I heard, the Stage Fright would also be a good option for an EHV style Phaser. It comes out sometime this month...

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on March 10, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
Stage Fright would also be a good option for an EHV style Phaser. It comes out sometime this month...
I'd really appreciate it if you guys would stop coming out with such cool stuff,I have a bass to build and I can't if I have to keep building pedals!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Quote from: jimilee on March 10, 2013, 08:31:17 PM
Quote from: Stomptown on March 10, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
Stage Fright would also be a good option for an EHV style Phaser. It comes out sometime this month...
I'd really appreciate it if you guys would stop coming out with such cool stuff,I have a bass to build and I can't if I have to keep building pedals!

Don't forget about a DIY Bass amp! Haha...

jimilee

Right, I got the parts for a cricket I gotta build too for testing purposes. Sigh, it never ends. Fortunately my child support payments come to an end in 2 months so there's that. FREEDOM!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Megadeth

I Did some googling and found this http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4117d328e0d7920f025342d63dbde677&topic=76657.0 he Added two extra stages on a daughterboard. Alltought i have problem figuring out where the daughterboard should be injected on the smoothie.