News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Now I need help with Current Lover

Started by trickpony, March 07, 2013, 03:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trickpony

Ok, so I did something bad to my CL somehow when I boxed it up.
I am not getting any sweep and the rate knob does nothing. As a result the effect
is something like a cocked wah, and I can manually move the range knob to artificially create a sweep.

Am I right in assuming that the sweep comes from the LM324n and that pin 14 should be oscillating?
It is not and is a constant 4.2 volts. Pin 8 is giving a constant 0.56v.
pin 9 is 4.2V

I have replaced the chip with no change.

Ben

jimilee

Quote from: trickpony on March 07, 2013, 03:29:31 PM
Ok, so I did something bad to my CL somehow when I boxed it up.
I am not getting any sweep and the rate knob does nothing. As a result the effect
is something like a cocked wah, and I can manually move the range knob to artificially create a sweep.

Am I right in assuming that the sweep comes from the LM324n and that pin 14 should be oscillating?
It is not and is a constant 4.2 volts. Pin 8 is giving a constant 0.56v.
pin 9 is 4.2V

I have replaced the chip with no change.

Ben
Out of the box it sounds fine?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

maybe stating the obvious, its not the filter switch is it?

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

trickpony

Fixed. Ok well I replaced c16, but the one I pulled measured fine out of circuit, and I also reflowed either r21 or r23 I forget which...and now I have it working.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help.

PS
Just in case anyone would like to explain which one would be the most likely culprit in causing a constant 4.2v on pin 14 (+) of lm324 please tell me. I am thinking that if r23 wasnt making contact then IC5D would be on its own getting powered from VC->r19->pin12 which I believe I measured at 4.2. Pin 13(-) would only be getting input from the series-opposed capicitor feedback loop that would saturate and become an open circuit. So no feedback and Vout would be 4.2v as I saw...is that correct?