News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Down time

Started by madbean, March 12, 2013, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The entire website went down due to an issue with the hosting. The site is now temporarily on a VPS plan, but I will most likely switch hosting companies here in a couple of days. This may result in a further spat of downtime, but probably not more than a few hours at most. I'll post more when I have something definite. I will be upgrading the service so that this will not happen again.

jimilee

I hear hover is fantastic
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fendman

Yeh I had a Forbidden 403 error all day yesterday and couldn't get on this site. I thought it was my end and spent most of the day swearing at my computer until last night I got back on.

DutchMF

I must admit I felt a bit like a junky unable to get a fix...... But glad everything is up again!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GermanCdn

Quote from: DutchMF on March 13, 2013, 04:42:42 AM
I must admit I felt a bit like a junky unable to get a fix...... But glad everything is up again!

Paul
Exactly this
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

I started using "Page Monitor" for Google Chrome and it notified me when the page content changed. But I felt like I was still checking it all day. lol

ichilton

Hi Brian,

Do you know your mail is bouncing?

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

brian@madbeanpedals.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain madbeanpedals.com by madbeanpedals.com. [184.154.144.94].

The error that the other server returned was:
451 Temporary local problem - please try later

Ian

madbean

Yeah, I have not been able to resolve the email issue yet. I'm pretty miffed by it.

Also, there will be some additional down time on Friday night. I will be locking the forum in the evening to export the database to get ready for the move to the new host. I don't expect that the whole process will take more than a few hours.

ichilton

Ah, ok - just checking you knew.

If it's a Linux server, I can try and help if that would be useful? - drop me a pm/email.

Ian

madbean

Thanks, I'm not going to bother since I will be switching the website over tomorrow. No point in investing time in it now when it will probably resolve itself tomorrow.