News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Com-Plex (Update! Pictures added)

Started by jkokura, December 26, 2010, 09:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Hey guys,

I finished this a while back, and just managed to get the Demo Video done. I built two of these, one for a customer and one for me (for now). Here's some pics of mine:

And the Guts.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XODCArxe2PU

For some more info, it's a Ross Compressor going into a Fatpants (Echo Plex Preamp). It's a Compressor, and an Echo Plex preamp. It's a Comp, and a Plex. It's a Complex.

Obviously, I did the gain knob mod. Actually, it's not obvious, but this board is from the original Fatpants project that featured only a level knob. Took some debugging and help (from the might Bean), but I made it work.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

i liked it jkokura... you build some cool stuff.  what do you use to label your pedals? looks and sounds cool

mjcyates

Very cool! I had actually considered doing the same thing. I built a Fat Pants and a Ross Compressor and the combination of those with a Strat into a clean tube amp is very nice.

jkokura

Thanks guys!

The graphics are done through a local sign making shop. They print using foil on Clear Vinyl Decal stock, cutting them out with a laser cutter. I mount them on the enclosures that are pre powder coated and machined, then clear coat the whole thing. They can print in any colour of foil available, but I just get them to use white and black. The reason I did it in the first place was to get white graphics without the mess of doing full face printed decals, and I don't even have a printer to begin with.

jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

nzCdog

awesome thanks... and sorry i spelt your name wrong :-[

gtr2

Nice work.  I like the name!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

great idea! and nice MAC-made demo!   ;)

rowland1

Nice combination. I have both separately and am going to immediately plug them in and play. Thanks for posting the demo!!

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

B_of_H

that is a great idea.  I built a rebote 2.5 a while back and added the fatpants circuit in there as a boost as well.  I like it but I had to scrap it for parts and took the delay circuit out so it's sitting in my shop in pieces.

:'(

I really like this idea though, keep up the great work!

Beerdog80

Quote from: jkokura on December 27, 2010, 12:54:53 PM
Thanks guys!

The graphics are done through a local sign making shop. They print using foil on Clear Vinyl Decal stock, cutting them out with a laser cutter. I mount them on the enclosures that are pre powder coated and machined, then clear coat the whole thing. They can print in any colour of foil available, but I just get them to use white and black. The reason I did it in the first place was to get white graphics without the mess of doing full face printed decals, and I don't even have a printer to begin with.

jacob

If you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge for that?

jkokura

I don't mind saying, I've said it elsewhere.

The shop has a flat fee of 30 bucks to even start work. I usually get them to print out a sheet of several pedal graphics and some of my logos so I can use them as stickers. The printing price is as little as 30 plus tax, but I've paid 35 plus tax for larger printing orders. Usually I get 8 or so pedal graphics done, so it's about 4 bucks a pedal.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*