News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slam Box LED On Even Without Battery

Started by PostPaintBoy, December 28, 2010, 08:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PostPaintBoy

Ok so I've just finished my Slam Box and it works perfectly. My only concern comes from the fact that the LED turns on when I stomp the footswitch without the battery in. Is this something to be concerned about? Thanks.

the3secondrule

well, if this happens while your pedal is plugged into a power supply (ie DC adaptor) thats fine.

if your LED lights up when you have no battery and no power plugged in, thats amazing. You have just discovered free electricity.

;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

gtr2

It may stay lit for a couple seconds until the cap discharges, but after that your on your own  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

PostPaintBoy

So its nothing that's going to hurt my pedal though, right?

CRBMoA

Hard to say without pics. At least for me, I know when the lights act irrationally, it means something is goofy in my offboard wiring.

There is no magic. If the pedal is not doing what it should (which includes the lights), then something is wired wrong and is sending electrons the wrong direction.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

jkokura

And a Video of the problem would be worth even more.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jackbart1960

Quote from: PostPaintBoy on December 29, 2010, 07:09:29 AM
So its nothing that's going to hurt my pedal though, right?
No but really dude if it lights up without power you have indeed discovered free juice!!! :D
Just think of it cold fusion on a Mad Bean board.
No but really just busting balls it's either the caps as per GTR2 or most of the builds here will power the LED with conected power and no input cable. The b chanel short to ground on the input jack is just for the battery.
Peace. J.J.B.