Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Nice to see you here Raj  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Vallhagen

So this is the helloiammethread:)

I fairly recently joined this forum. My first name is Bengt and my last name is the one i use as username ^^. Living in and typing from sweden.

I am as new in DIY-guitarboxes as i am a member here (built four new and repaired two old so far), but im not really a newbie when it comes to electronics. In my earlier professions i have worked on aircraft and telephone electronics; mostly in the testing/calibration field. Nowadays im a teacher. I have "always" been a musician, and the last decade i have spent a lot of time playin/recording in my DAW studio (you know... DIGITAL stuff...). Besides my own music i am part of internetbased collab project Hellvalla Burn (www.hellvallaburn.com ... check it out, you might like it. Hard rock).

So this whole solder-caps-enclosure-drill-resistor-ANALOGUE-CIRCUIT-scene is a bit like ... getting back to where it started for me. And so far i find it verrrrrry stimulating and fun. Addictive is the word, i guess. I still dont know how long it will last as an interest though. I think... i cant really build 40 boxes... so i guess i will travel on somewhere from here, and probably i will go build myself some guitar amp. And on the way i really have to get into (understanding of) tubes. I havent played around much with them so far.

The only thing that surprise me, when i browse around this forum and similar; is how FAST you guys seem to put together a fully functioning box. One evening? Two hours? You must be kidding lol? On the other hand i have always been slow. Slow but careful and accurate. I guess.

Cheers folks. Nice forum:)
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

atreidesheir

my name is charles. or chuck if we are buddies.  Everyone should presume we are, because we are.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

blakemoth

skullservant

First name is Charles, but I've never gone by that. Middle name is Evan, and that's what I go by!

wasteofspace

I was born as a David Mac, but I've been known as dMac for, oh, the last 30 years. Seriously.
- dMac

Making his own pedals since 1998!

Deed J

Hey Guys, Didier here from Paris (not Texas...)!

New on the board, I'm quite envolved in vintage tube amps and cabs. And for now with FX pedals, so I"m going to build my first one: Kingslayer.

Sorry for my bad accent  ;D
Just a shadow in a Rock'n'Roll sky

nzCdog

sirbergersworth

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

Deed J

Quote from: Vallhagen on May 15, 2012, 11:13:21 AM
Besides my own music i am part of internetbased collab project Hellvalla Burn (www.hellvallaburn.com ... check it out, you might like it.

Hey Vallhagen, that's rock man, like Sucker Diary !
Just a shadow in a Rock'n'Roll sky

Vallhagen

Quote from: Deed J on September 18, 2012, 12:52:43 PM
Quote from: Vallhagen on May 15, 2012, 11:13:21 AM
Besides my own music i am part of internetbased collab project Hellvalla Burn (www.hellvallaburn.com ... check it out, you might like it.

Hey Vallhagen, that's rock man, like Sucker Diary !
Hey! Thanx! :)
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

LxOxD

Chris....From Northern California. I've been making pedals for a couple of years now, on and off. I didn't know Madbean existed until recently, and I have to say they have some of the best built boards around.
Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.

gingataff

I'm Andy,
I've been making pedals based on books for a few years and recently found MadBean after looking for a harmonic energizer clone. I've bought a pork loin, kingslayer, some manglers and road rages and very impressed so far. Still waiting for the karateshop to be in stock, not long now.  ;D

electricstorm

Hello everyone. I'm Jim from North Carolina. Been lurking for a few weeks and started posting the other day. Hopefully I can't contribute in some small way.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

Om_Audio

Welcome Jim! Everyone seems to contribute even by just asking questions. Use the forum search function first- tons of info here already but don't hesitate to start your own thread or chime in on another!
Clifford
Sent via soup cans and string.