News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

April Sale - Project Sunsets

Started by madbean, March 20, 2013, 08:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Starting on April 1, and coinciding with the release of the next batch of boards, the MBP store will have a sale. There are a few projects which I am planning on discontinuing and I will be doing some really nice discounts for the remaining stock. I'm discontinuing these in favor of opening space to replace them with newer projects.

As most of you know, I'm at a point where I have more projects planned and/or ready to go than I can afford to manufacture AND maintain the current stock of PCBs. The upper threshold for this is about 50 projects, which we are getting very close to now. So, to make room for what I have planned, like the EHX stuff, some new overdrives, a bunch of the hold overs from last year and the sub-mini stuff I'm working on I think it's a good idea to draw down on some of the older projects. This will help keep moving MBP forward with new and exciting releases while taking off some of the financial pressure.

I'm announcing this now so it is not a surprise (like you place an order on 3.31 only to see something go on sale on 4.1)!

On April 1, these projects will go on sale and will be discontinued once the stock is depleted:
Snarkdoodle, Lavache, EgoDriver, Pepperspray, Thunderpuss

I don't have the prices yet--you'll just have to wait and see :)

DutchMF

Are you sure this isn't an April Fools prank?  ;) I'll keep my eyes on the store that day, and if not, I'll probably buy way to much pcb's, both new and the ones on sale!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Yeah, a couple of those are on my eventual to do list.  Guess I'll have to grab them before they go.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

So long, Pepperspray! :(

Madbean was the only place that offered a PCB of that unique fuzz (and my second favorite fuzz). I guess there just wasn't enough interest in that project. (Can't say I helped matters by building mine on perfboard, though.)

It is good that some clones will be getting replaced with new Bean projects. :)

lincolnic

Welp, guess 2013 is the year I finally build a Percolator.

Rockhorst

I always thought it was weird that MBP was still offering a Thunderpuss. Great booster, but not a surprise to see it go. Looking forward to the sale and esp. the new projects.

raulduke

Farewell old friends  :'(

;D

Seriously though... out with the old, in with the new.

Onwards and upwards I say!

Bret608

I'm with Jon on the Pepperspray. I feel like I should grab one for old time's sake as it was my first build and still the circuit that gets me the most excited. May be time to try the "stock" specs and at least I've got the trannies to do it!

stevenrun

Need to pick up a pepper spray before its gone for good

ryanisradd

We just built two pepper spays (one Albini specs and one stock) and they are INCREDIBLE. Snatch em up while you can. Seriously my new favorite fuzz! Socket the diodes and play around, it really mixed up the harmonics.

Affiliations: I work for Chase Bliss Audio making things with lots of DIP switches.

madbean

I might reconsider the Pepper Spray if there is enough continued interest. I will still put them on sale though, as promised.

The sale will start in a few days when the new batch of boards gets here. I'm still waiting on shipping notification from the manufacturer.

Loztboy

How much do you have in stock of the Snarkdoodle, EgoDriver and Pepperspray?
I'm not sure if I should wait for the sale or not :)

jimilee

Does this mean they're not going to be available on 4.01?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I can start the sale once I get shipping notification of the new batch of PCBs (I want the sale to coincide with the new releases/restocks). It won't be more than three days between shipping and them arriving at my doorstep.

I have decent supply of EgoDrivers, Pppersprays and Snarkdoodles, so I don't expect to suddenly sell out before the sale. They will probably go pretty quick once the sale starts, though.

ichilton

So the sale/new boards won start tomorrow (1st) after all?

How will we know its coming/started without checking all of the time?

Thanks,

Ian