News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny

Started by jkokura, December 29, 2010, 10:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

New fabbed board arrived yesterday! I already had all the parts ready, and the enclosure's been finished for ages now, so it took no time at all to get it up and running. Especially because I didn't have to debug at all.

I used a wiring harness that had previously been used on another pedal because I ran out of 1/4" jacks. But despite that fact, it all came out looking quite nicely.

The new Mudbunny will be, in Brian's own words, "a build your own muff" kind of project. You'll be able to select the parts you want, much like the Gruntbox, and build the iteration you want - Triangle, Green Russian, Modern, Mayo, etc. I chose to build mine to Ram's Head specs. I used 560pF caps for C2, 5 and 8, I used a 1uF Cap for C9, and I subbed most of the resistors for a Ram's Head. I also changed the input and output caps to 1uF, though the Ram's head calls for a 10uF in the ouptut, I wanted to use film caps so I made that adjustment.

Here she is!

And the Guts.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CRBMoA

Jacob,

I am digging it!

I heat shrink everything that doesn't move fast enough to get out of the way, so my eyes are immediately drawn to the Diode LR. But I imagine your have some side of double sided tape on the back of the board so it won't move.

Clean build. Well Done!

cb

jkokura

No, the wires hold it in place, and gravity solves all issues anyway! The enclosure has electricians black tape so the board doesn't ground out, and the Limiting resistor has no where to go. There's nothing that could cause problems really, the wiring's done so neatly that nothing moves because the wire holds it in place!

At least, that's the idea. I don't like heatshrink because if there's a problem down the road, like a burnt out LED, it's harder to fix.

I think the only thing that might change in this build is the knobs. I have some black aluminum knobbies on the way from Mammoth I think I might try. Give it that all metal industrial look.

I had to learn a smashing pumpkins song last night playing it, just so I could feel like I was using it for the right thing. Can't quite nail the tone for Zero, but I'm playing through a champ and this thing is set to Ram's head - perhaps a different combo would be better.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

CRBMoA

I actually don't use anything but wire tension when I fly my boards either. Instead of electricians tape, I have become a fan or running a few lines of hot glue on the back of the board.

If you want to peel it off later (for a mod or something) it will lift off cleanly. But it is more durable than tape. And I like hot glue. ;D

maysink

Very nice, Jacob! What trannies did you use?
[nothing to see here]
-e

jkokura

2N550B's. They're backwards pinouts from the current mudbunny project, but that's what the original mudbunny called for.

jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jackbart1960

Very cool idea as far as the various V's on one board!! I have some very detailed photos of a V1 Triangle brown board that I flipped on Evilbay for a buddy a while ago. If anyone wants I will send in the smallest file I can the photos I have. I definately need to build a couple of these!!!  :o
Peace. J.J.B.