News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sabadius soul inductor?

Started by octa805, March 26, 2013, 12:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

Anyone have one & like it?

Using it in my next wah build for a buddy. Also, what is the pinout on that guy?

Thanks!

gingataff

I've got one, actually two but one has a broken pin, but I haven't got round to using it yet.

as for the pin out, thats simple. there are 4 pins, if you look closely 2 of them have wires attached. those are the ones you need to use, it doesn't matter which way round.

the other pins are there to help secure the inductor to the pcb.

let us know how it sounds.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

octa805

ah ok. thanks. man, those wires are SO tiny on there.

I'll have to clip the other 2 mounting pins just to get it on the board. doesn't line up too well otherwise

thanks again

octa805

just slapped this together. sounds good man. still playing with different trannies which make the most difference so far but I can't complain a bit about the sabadius. Compared to my whipple setup it's a bit less vocal I guess you could say but that's not bad a thing. Just different.

In fact, it's almost smoother but that's just fine by me. Need to play with all the peak, freq, trannies and stuff still but I like it.

octa805

aballen

This is good news, I have a soul inductor that I want to put in my weener wah.

mrbangus

I've had a Soul Inductor in my wah for a couple years now.  It sounds amazing!  It took my average GCB95 and turned it into a great wah!  I've also done the try bypass and removed the input buffer on it too.  It seems that the Soul Inductors aren't being made anymore though and that stinks!  I contacted the Sabadius company and they said they stopped because they were having too hard of a time sourcing. Let's hope they get some more inductors on the market soon!