Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP Screenprinting just got cheaper!

Started by Stomptown, April 01, 2013, 11:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraindeadAudio

I had it printed on the transluscent black vein case and it comes right off

aziltz

pictures?  I just had traditional screening done by them, and was thinking of sending some unprinted boxes back for machine-printing.

rullywowr

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 01, 2013, 09:54:55 AM
Quote from: jkokura on May 01, 2013, 09:00:28 AM
Quote from: steveperiod on May 01, 2013, 07:48:40 AM
the only real negative is my box came back with some extra printing on the top corners. it looked like two registration marks or something, printed in black. i've tried to get these off with my fingernail and with painter's tape but neither one worked.

Try acetone.

Jacob

DON'T try acetone! Fair chance of eating into your powder coat as well (I had it happen before with an orange PPP enclosure).

@Pickdropper: PPP do commercial stuff as well, like Mojo Hand FX pedals...I can't imagine that working out if their printing was so sensitive. Did you contact PPP, Pickdropper?

+10000   Try Naptha instead.  Acetone is great for bare metal enclosures BEFORE powdercoating, removing toner from etched PCB's and also for cleaning freshly steel woole(d) PCBs for etching.

Acetone WILL melt powdercoat just enough so it is soft and catches all types of fibers, threads from the rag you are using it with.  Naptha is much better for this and is safe even on the finest of guitar finishes.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

I recently used Naptha on a really dirty guitar neck and it worked wonderfully.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BraindeadAudio

Pictures are pending what they decide to do for me to fix this problem, Ive now had units returned with printing issues.

I am trying to be fair here.

:-\

BraindeadAudio

Edited due to resolved problem.

aziltz

I hope it gets resolved.

BraindeadAudio

I resolved my issue with my work, it was a misunderstanding. They do great work when its right, and I am sure this was a unforseen issue. I am completely happy with my other units.

Rockhorst

Rockhorst

I just noticed PPP changed their screen printing policy *again*. They should've sorted out the details before going public. The minimum order is now 10 enclosures per design, which makes it a lot less attractive for me. A single design in batches of 10 just is too much money for me I'm afraid. Not to mention having to sell them. Back to the drawing board.

steveperiod

can't say i'm surprised about the minimum quantity change. while their previous lack of a minimum was super helpful to a small builder like me it seemed like allowing one-offs isn't something they would be able to do long term. after my less than stellar experience with this process i wasn't sure i'd do it again anyway, so this just seals it for me. ppp did end up sending me a replacement box, but they printed the completely wrong color on the replacement.

Rockhorst

I was hoping to do batches of five, black and white ink on red and blue boxes...might just stick to all black vinyl stickers, they are quite durable and €6 per three. Pity though, I was really looking forward to it. Also, with the 10 boxes minimum, it becomes more expensive than the previous system real fast. Seemed an ok compromise when allowing for one offs, but now that's off the table...

Stomptown

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 19, 2013, 09:46:46 AM
I was hoping to do batches of five, black and white ink on red and blue boxes...might just stick to all black vinyl stickers, they are quite durable and €6 per three. Pity though, I was really looking forward to it. Also, with the 10 boxes minimum, it becomes more expensive than the previous system real fast. Seemed an ok compromise when allowing for one offs, but now that's off the table...

Where are you sourcing the all black vinyl stickers?

Rockhorst

I get them from this guy, but it's a Dutch company making bike decals, so not much use for most people here from outside the Netherlands. Quite durable stuff though!

BraindeadAudio

they priced themselves right out of the game now.