News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP Screenprinting just got cheaper!

Started by Stomptown, April 01, 2013, 11:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 19, 2013, 10:26:25 AM
I get them from this guy, but it's a Dutch company making bike decals, so not much use for most people here from outside the Netherlands. Quite durable stuff though!

Could you post a sample picture of a pedal you used this on? Looks like a very good option for finishing pedals!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Rockhorst

@DutchMF: for an example of the sticker method, check my entry for the February contest (Spartan Overdrive). The guy usually ships the next day. Best to use a pdf of your picture and mail him the exact measurements. It does limit your choice of box colors to the lighter shades (or bare aluminum, which looks rather good).

Any Dutch people here know a good screen printing or laser engraving place? Anybody thinking of setting up a DIY rig? My house is to small to do it, but I'd love to develop a good alternative for small batches.

stevie1556

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 20, 2013, 03:22:17 AM

Any Dutch people here know a good screen printing or laser engraving place? Anybody thinking of setting up a DIY rig? My house is to small to do it, but I'd love to develop a good alternative for small batches.

As PPP is based in America, and little old me being in the UK, I've never found it economical to order from them, which is a shame as some of their enclosure colours do look amazing!

I've been looking at cheap screen printing, and all the cheap starter kits are supposed to be crap. I've read that getting a cheap photo frame, some netting 90T or higher, light sensitive paint, transparency film, and the screen paint (can use acrylic). Should be able to get everything needed for maybe £/€20-30. Then for additional designs, you just need a little more netting and another cheap photo frame.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

aziltz

here's an example of their old-style screening.  I had my screen made just before they announced the new printer.