News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glitterrattii build (First photo shoot)

Started by gtr2, January 05, 2011, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Here is my Glitterrattii build for a friend.  It would have went smooth, but I neglected to look at the wiring diagram  ::) I didn't realize that the gain and treb were different...  Good thing I tested it first because I had a fun time boxing it  ;D  Enjoy!  O and thanks for the waterslide tips guys.  I perfected this one I think.

No guts, no glory...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Looks great! I'm impressed with how clean I looks. Decal looks awesome.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

Sparkly on the outside, tidy on the inside! Great work.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Nice job gtr2!  I must ask coz I've seen a few in various gut shots, what the advantage of using the pcb on the 3PDT?

stecykmi

Quote from: nzCdog on January 09, 2011, 11:08:44 AM
Nice job gtr2!  I must ask coz I've seen a few in various gut shots, what the advantage of using the pcb on the 3PDT?

some people find it easier because you don't have to the small jumpers between the lugs.

nzCdog

k thanks... thought it might be something like that.   :)

gtr2

This is the second footswitch pcb that I've used.  I think I actually prefer the old fashion way though..  I don't really save much time with the pcb method.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

maysink

Quote from: gtr2 on January 10, 2011, 03:51:33 AM
This is the second footswitch pcb that I've used.  I think I actually prefer the old fashion way though..  I don't really save much time with the pcb method.

I found this to be true also. Neat idea but why bother. Just my 2 pennies!

BTW: beautiful build! How do you like the BB?
[nothing to see here]
-e

gtr2

I really like it!  It goes off to a friend tomorrow  :'(  But I've got everything I need to build another  ;)

I guess I'd describe it as a tubescreamer with more clarity, gain, and sustain for days.  The bass and treble pots really help dial things in too.  The gain is kind of like none and then a lot with little room in between.  Really great lead tone with this!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Very nice! I agree with your description as well.

Nuno_VanBamsteen

This looks great, one or two questions, how did you support the board, just foam adhesive spacer on the back of the board or?
2nd where did you end up ordering your parts, I love the clean look of the caps.

NVBS
"Would I throw a lighted match and turn the gas on if my pal 'Bugsy' was in there?"

gtr2

The back of the board has this on it.

http://www.scotchbrand.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ScotchBrand/Scotch/Products/ProductCatalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300LM30I87QR3ES18H7_nid=88BP3QJCQLgsTF1RRQ4PQRglBBM9D4MMLWbl

It works really great.

The caps are Topmay's from Small Bear and Wimas from futurlec.  Good luck with your build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

redbean

Wow! Impressive... that's a clean, mean fight'n machine. Well done!
es là-bas!!

petesz