News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One with Demo (first etch)

Started by pryde, April 18, 2013, 08:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Thanks everyone again.

I think it was you selfdestroyer who originally gave me direction on etching because I remember your tutorial. So THANK YOU!

nzCdog

Dang man!  Love it, build and demo = uber

gingataff

just got a couple of quick question s about the BOM, theres no r48 right?
and the 22ohm resistor in the shopping list isn't needed?

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pryde on April 22, 2013, 05:06:17 AM
Thanks everyone again.

I think it was you selfdestroyer who originally gave me direction on etching because I remember your tutorial. So THANK YOU!

No, Thank you for testing my method on an enclosure and showing that you can get some awesome results that way. But we all know its not the process that makes good results always, its the skill of the person.. and you gots skills lol.

I will be making a tutorial like it did for the PCB etching when I get a good system down. You also gave me some great ideas as well (toothpicks to help the enclosure to not rest of the bottom of the rubbermaid container)

I really hope to try this again this week and see If I can get some results like you did.

Jyka

Great job man,

what enclosure do you use ?

Also, do you change something on the layout ?

Thx :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Mucho kudos! Your etch looks awesome, perfect aesthetic. And that demo is amazing!! Really good playing and great example of the effect in a situation where it shines.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Rockhorst

Could you tell me what kind of pots you used? I have heaps of board mounted ones with long stand offs, but I'm guessing your using the ones with short pins? I can't see it fit otherwise.

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

pryde

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 02, 2013, 02:20:55 PM
Could you tell me what kind of pots you used? I have heaps of board mounted ones with long stand offs, but I'm guessing your using the ones with short pins? I can't see it fit otherwise.

I used pots with short standoff pins. The box is actually the "deep" 1590BB as I wanted the extra depth for the lamp and photocell cap. I would have had trouble putting this in a standard 1590BB

Here is the deep one from smallbear that he calls the "125BB" size:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1072

aballen

Damn dude, that etch is awesome... and the playing, WOW!

tagwap

I'm about to build this project for use with a one spot.

As yours works well i'd like to follow your advice. Quick question though. You say you used 220uf caps on the filter board. Is this correct? the build doc calls for 470uf caps there. Did you try those and decide that the 200uf worked better?

Your build looks and sounds awesome by the way :-)

pryde

Quote from: tagwap on June 02, 2013, 01:43:31 PM
I'm about to build this project for use with a one spot.

As yours works well i'd like to follow your advice. Quick question though. You say you used 220uf caps on the filter board. Is this correct? the build doc calls for 470uf caps there. Did you try those and decide that the 200uf worked better?

Your build looks and sounds awesome by the way :-)

Actually I ended up removing the little filter pcb and went with just the main board filtering. Use just a 220uf on the main board (C22 I think) and it provides good filtering with a one-spot 9v adapter. I have done it this way on both harbinger one builds with great results.
Good luck. I will be glad to answer additional ? if needed.

tagwap

Thanks very much. That's very helpful. I was confused because the pics you posted still had the extra filtering board in there.

das234

That is amazing work.  The graphic is perfect for etching and the etch is outstanding.  I already kind of wanted to do a Univibe and now I kind of want to etch something too.  Beautiful!

The guts and sound are spot on too.

robrhy