News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fatpants or SHO

Started by menamestom, January 12, 2011, 01:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

menamestom

Well I've just finished my Fatpants which is my first madbean build and first of 3 boards which I ordered at the same time (the others being the Glitterratti and Krankosaurus).

First impressions are very good, it worked perfectly from the off and is dead quiet in instantly likable through my PRRI.  The fat control is good for thickening up the sound a little and the pedal has a good range from louder and brighter or louder and fuller depending on the 2 controls.  With FAT on low and Vol on high a bit of harshness does creep in but the sweetspots are not hard to dial in....

I've put the internal trim pot to max and with the controls on full you get a very light od almost, very handy

night-B

I built a super duper (dual SHO aka firebomb) and the amount of boost is huuuuuuuge! I love the shiny treble on the clean sound with this boost. I also built a rump roast wired as a boost and I absolutely love it! This is my favorite boost to day and I highly recommend it  8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: menamestom on March 03, 2011, 05:08:46 AM

Well I've just finished my Fatpants which is my first madbean build and first of 3 boards which I ordered at the same time (the others being the Glitterratti and Krankosaurus).

First impressions are very good, it worked perfectly from the off and is dead quiet in instantly likable through my PRRI.  The fat control is good for thickening up the sound a little and the pedal has a good range from louder and brighter or louder and fuller depending on the 2 controls.  With FAT on low and Vol on high a bit of harshness does creep in but the sweetspots are not hard to dial in....

I've put the internal trim pot to max and with the controls on full you get a very light od almost, very handy

Sounds like it's working great for you! It's great feeling when they work the first time you fire up! This pedal takes on one of the awesome features of the echoplex.
Just waiting for the parts then i'm gonna get mine all assembled. :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

StompIt

Quote from: DougCFL on January 14, 2011, 02:02:28 PM
They are both pretty easy and cheap.  Why don't you build both and keep the one YOU like best?  BTW, I like my SHO very much.  Crystal clear ... just what I wanted.

I just finished up the SHO and wow, I'm loving this thing!   Just like you said.. crystal clear clean boost !!