News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Australia?

Started by jtn191, May 21, 2013, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 26, 2013, 03:48:46 PM
I'd say that it's pretty much the same here in Quebec, you can give shit to everybody and then drink a beer with them, WIN!

Same thing in New Zealand. If you saw an old mate walk into a pub or RSA, you might call out, "Cotty, you old bastard!"

And he'd most likely laugh and buy you a beer, although some of the more upper class old ladies might be offended.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Quote from: alanp on May 27, 2013, 04:39:45 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 26, 2013, 03:48:46 PM
I'd say that it's pretty much the same here in Quebec, you can give shit to everybody and then drink a beer with them, WIN!

Same thing in New Zealand. If you saw an old mate walk into a pub or RSA, you might call out, "Cotty, you old bastard!"

And he'd most likely laugh and buy you a beer, although some of the more upper class old ladies might be offended.

And that's how you hook a lady....., you look real bad on first impression..., rectify the shot by finaly being a nice guy........lady is charmed.....BOOM! it's in the pocket! Hahahaha
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

TNblueshawk

I assume when all you guys are giving crap to people you at least know them right? I mean you can't just walk down the street and call someone a dick as you walk by right and they want to have a beer right? Or can you?  :-\
John

GrindCustoms

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 27, 2013, 11:09:23 AM
I assume when all you guys are giving crap to people you at least know them right? I mean you can't just walk down the street and call someone a dick as you walk by right and they want to have a beer right? Or can you?  :-\

Most of the time, i know the people a bit....but let say...that you're in an exterior festival and there's bunch of dudes yelling hard and having a good time...even if you don't know them...you jump in and get along.. ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

DutchMF

LOL!!! I just had a mental image of this situation.... That would so be the most bizare thing I'd ever experienced! Hey you dickhead, let's have a beer!!! (Picking myself up from the floor...)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GermanCdn

Have a lot of friends in Oz, been down a couple of times, nice place, bloody hot.  It suffers from the same, yet polar opposite (pun intended) problem as Canada - major centres are all 800 km apart and there ain't much between.  And you have to learn 'stralian, which is not as simple as it seems  ;D.

As a good buddy of mine had a saying that always made me laugh

What's the last thing you ever hear an Ozzie say?

Hey Mate, watch this!!
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: DutchMF on May 27, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

LOL!!! I just had a mental image of this situation.... That would so be the most bizare thing I'd ever experienced! Hey you dickhead, let's have a beer!!! (Picking myself up from the floor...)

Paul

You just got me to laughing now :D
John

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jkokura

Uh...

that was in Belarus. So the moral of that story is... Don't fish in Belarus.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on May 29, 2013, 10:49:30 PM
Uh...

that was in Belarus. So the moral of that story is... Don't fish in Belarus.

Jacob

No, the moral of the story is "If you get killed by a 40 pound rodent, you either did something really stupid, you are really stupid, or most likely, both."   Natural selection at its finest.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Willybomb

QuoteUseless (or possibly useful) piece of information. Apparently there is only one U.S. city (New York City) with a greater population than either of Australia's two largest cities (Sydney and Melbourne). Crazy I know.

Thought this was interesting, but found it's not true.  There are something like 10 US cities with larger populations than Sydney or Melbourne..

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/theurbanist/2010/05/01/is-sydney-really-bigger-than-los-angeles/