News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Circuit request - Bogner Red Pedal

Started by 0ron124, May 27, 2013, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0ron124

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to make a clone of the Bogner Red Pedal as of yet? I did a quick Google search and was unable to pull something up. However, I love the sound of the XTC and $300 is way out of my price range for a distortion pedal but I would be more than happy to build one myself.

Anyone got a layout or schematic for the XTC?

dondougie

There is a thread over at fsb on that series of bogner pedals, they all share the same basic typology and contain a heavily gooped module of some sort. No degooping yet I think.

micromegas

I think there is (nor is going to be in the near future) no schematic yet, but you have at least two working projects for the XTC preamp out there:

- one is the 7thHeaven by Goosiniqueworkx, and the schematic is posted at FSB

- the other one is this one: http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/pedalfet_en.html. It's more complex and uses another aproach for tube emulation similar to the fetzer-valve but maybe more accurate.
It sounds good to me anyway. It is also more complete (as it emulates the 3 channels)

Both are on my next projects list :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

micromegas

However, I think this thread should be moved to the 'Requests' folder..
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jkokura

Quote from: micromegas on May 27, 2013, 07:21:20 PM
However, I think this thread should be moved to the 'Requests' folder..

done.

I too want to see those Bogner pedals cloned. I have seen some guts which make me think it'd be a slow and arduous process.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

As far as the schematic for the XTC goes, I think George (Chi_boy) still has the documents available on his ordering page, though the pcbs are no longer available.  If not, pm me, I've got a copy of them somewhere (I better, I still have to build one).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

0ron124

Awesome guys! Thanks for the info, currently the Goosiniqueworkx pedal looks like the best bet and listening to a comparison against the Bogner Red it sounds a bit better to my ears. Is there a layout for that pedal or just the schematic does anyone know? Seems like FSB is down at the moment.

0ron124

I was able to find the schematic, anyone want to build a layout for a PCB? I've attached the schematic and here is the thread regarding the schematic with some modifications to remove trim pots allowing for more control over the tonestack.

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2633

Vero Layout for the Seventheaven:

Original Schematic: