News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

5-Watt British Rocker

Started by pryde, January 29, 2014, 08:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hey folks,
Just thought I would share a few pics of this Ampmaker SE5a amp I just built up. Got the kit from Josh here (1776 effects) as he decided not to build it up. Pretty cool sounding little monster and gets LOUD with my Eminence Wizard speaker.

Probably the easiest amp I have built to date. I had other plans for this but probably won't hang on to it as I have some other expenses that came up. If anyone might want this little bad boy let me know. It works fantastic and sounds great.

selfdestroyer

Super clean build. I just love the point to point stuff. Also, how do you like the Eminence Wizard series? I was looking at them for a cab I was building.

pryde

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 29, 2014, 08:43:05 PM
Super clean build. I just love the point to point stuff. Also, how do you like the Eminence Wizard series? I was looking at them for a cab I was building.

The E Wizard is a nice speaker. It is SUPER efficient (103db) so it will make anything loud and clear. Very tight bass with moderate mids and highs. I would say very well balanced overall.

Gledison

WooW! this wiring and everything else looks fantastic.
it might be possible to write down the schematics just by looking to your build.
looks pretty complex thou...maybe i will give it a try in a couple of years...
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

pryde

Quote from: Gledison on January 29, 2014, 09:46:44 PM
WooW! this wiring and everything else looks fantastic.
it might be possible to write down the schematics just by looking to your build.
looks pretty complex thou...maybe i will give it a try in a couple of years...
cheers

Really not complex at all. This would be a great first build for anyone here who has not built a tube amp. Really does not get much easier than this one. Now a Vox AC30? You'd better hold on that project for a while  :)

jubal81

Beautiful work - so clean and pro looking.

I was reading about the new version that comes with voltage control and some other new features. He's got some really interesting transformers for sale, too, like a low wattage push-pull.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pryde on January 29, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 29, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

The E Wizard is a nice speaker. It is SUPER efficient (103db) so it will make anything loud and clear. Very tight bass with moderate mids and highs. I would say very well balanced overall.

Great, thanks for that.

pryde

Quote from: jubal81 on January 29, 2014, 10:26:32 PM
Beautiful work - so clean and pro looking.

I was reading about the new version that comes with voltage control and some other new features. He's got some really interesting transformers for sale, too, like a low wattage push-pull.

Yes he has added a fat boost (switchable cathode bypass cap on V1) and a variable voltage control. These are easy mods on this one as well. If it hangs around I might play with it a bit.

danwelsh

rullywowr

How did I miss this?  Freakin' fantastic!  Super clean wiring and looks great!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

I read this before and was distracted enough by the pretty photos that I forgot to comment.  It really looks fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

Looks great!  NIce to see it finished up.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer