News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox for bass,any modd?

Started by garfo, February 28, 2013, 11:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

I ralize that the slambox is supposed to be a transparent booster, but how transparent is it with bass, does it need any modding to boost bass at it's full spectrum(or almost at least)?I was thinking of raising the input cap from .1 to .33,but how will this affect the rest of the pedal's function?

garfo

jkokura

Quote from: garfo on March 01, 2013, 10:19:02 PM
hello?

Is there anybody in there?

... As to to your question - there aren't a lot of Bass players around who would know a definite answer to your question. In this case, I would be that your own experimentation would do more for you than anything else. If you can breadboard the circuit before hand, go for it, then play with the values to see what everything does.

As far as I know, .1uF is plenty high enough for an input cap for Bass. Because the standard 10M pair for voltage dividing is so high, it's naturally a very, very bright circuit to begin with, hence "sparkle drive". I would think that playing with it as it is stock is probably fine.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

garfo

Cool, I don't want to loose the highs, just don't want to loose the lows either :) I play with drop C tunning, it's pretty low, so I thought that putting a higher cap wouldn't do any harm, unless someone knows it does ... :P
More, my sho is a version that is different from the one here.It is probably very worst, and I can tell you that the input resistor is much lower.It has two 1M resistors, instead of 10 M.Also the electr caps are both 100uf.and the resistors are 100k, 2.2k and 5.1 k.
This version is a bit different, but it sounds very good to me.but with the two 1M resistors, I believe a bigger cap would be better, no!?

bigmufffuzzwizz

I don't know about the layout you used but I've used the Madbean version for bass and it works nicely. If you stack it with a fuzz (say muff) I noticed the SHO added a bit more low end and boom. Increasing that input cap would introduce more low end in of course.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

garfo

i used the layout from musikding.de
ill try increasing the input cap and see how it works.this pedal sounds amazing with bass.