News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It's a J*** thing....

Started by GrindCustoms, March 30, 2015, 06:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I don't feel particularly secure in a car even with a 3 point belt, because they simply don't hold you as well as a harness. I feel naked in a car without a belt of some description. I drive classic cars occasionally, but that's different as that's the nature of them. But any modern car I couldn't be in it without a belt. I've been involved in enough accidents myself and witnessed some brutal crashes on track that I can't imagine being without one.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

Quote from: thesmokingman on March 31, 2015, 06:19:27 PM
seatbelts? grew up not wearing them because the cars didn't have them and I'm not THAT old. I didn't start wearing one until work started requiring it then it became habit at home too.

You have cars with no seatbelts?   :o  How's that even possible? The things have been mandatory over here as far as I can remember and I am THAT old. No car is even allowed on the road unless it got seatbelts. Even for the passengers in the back.

Betty Wont

Quote from: Muadzin on April 01, 2015, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: thesmokingman on March 31, 2015, 06:19:27 PM
seatbelts? grew up not wearing them because the cars didn't have them and I'm not THAT old. I didn't start wearing one until work started requiring it then it became habit at home too.

You have cars with no seatbelts?   :o  How's that even possible? The things have been mandatory over here as far as I can remember and I am THAT old. No car is even allowed on the road unless it got seatbelts. Even for the passengers in the back.
We're not required to retrofit seatbelts onto older cars in the US. So if you own a car that wasn't made with them originally, you don't have have them.

Muadzin

Quote from: Torgoslayer on April 01, 2015, 01:07:36 PMWe're not required to retrofit seatbelts onto older cars in the US. So if you own a car that wasn't made with them originally, you don't have have them.

Again  :o.

You guys are crazy.

Betty Wont

Quote from: Muadzin on April 01, 2015, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on April 01, 2015, 01:07:36 PMWe're not required to retrofit seatbelts onto older cars in the US. So if you own a car that wasn't made with them originally, you don't have have them.

Again  :o.

You guys are crazy.
But its not like there are a bunch of people are running around recklessly in 50 year old cars. Most of those are collected now and babied. ...and then there's the gun racks....

Muadzin

Quote from: Torgoslayer on April 01, 2015, 03:43:10 PMBut its not like there are a bunch of people are running around recklessly in 50 year old cars. Most of those are collected now and babied.

Doesn't matter how safe you drive, if the other guy drives like a madman you're still toast.

Quote...and then there's the gun racks....

Of course. How could I forget. You live in the country that probably takes better care of its guns in its cars then its people.

Betty Wont

Quote from: Muadzin on April 01, 2015, 04:20:15 PM

Of course. How could I forget. You live in the country that probably takes better care of its guns in its cars then its people.
Driving while texting, nickleback blasting, jesus riding shotgun, and a sixer of schlitz! Seatbelts just complicate the road head. :P