News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sir Robin

Started by pickdropper, September 12, 2013, 12:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This one has been almost finished for months now.  I finally ordered the LDRs, so was able to sew it up.

This is a Nurse Quacky PCB done by ChuchBuick over at BYOC.  Nice board.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

micromegas

Like it!! (I just saw the film this weekend... again).

Clean and beautifull as always.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

Ha ha love it!

Neat layout too.

Saw Spamalot at the theatre recently.

Was a good laugh (and very, very sill as you can imagine).

midwayfair

That finish is great.

That doesn't look anything like a Nurse Quacky I've ever seen. it's got like twice as many parts and vactrols. Could you like to the schematic? I'd love to see it.

pickdropper

I believe Harold from Sabrotone did that version.

I'll get the schematic up later.  I don't have it on my phone.
Function f(x)

Bret608

A Sir Robin-themed build has been a long time coming! I think some of us tossed the idea out a long time back when eldanko did his Holy Hand Grenade build report. I love it!

Curious about this circuit as well as the Kraken. Off to read up!

hylandren

Man, your builds are ALWAYS inspiring....

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on September 12, 2013, 01:19:03 PM
That finish is great.

That doesn't look anything like a Nurse Quacky I've ever seen. it's got like twice as many parts and vactrols. Could you like to the schematic? I'd love to see it.

Hmm, it doesn't look like a Nurse Quacky at all.  I remember the ducks from Mark's original build, so I somehow got that into my head.

It's a derivative of the Mutron III and Meatball that Harold did.  You can read about it here:

http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=3194
Function f(x)

midwayfair

soooo what you're saying is you fit this:

Into this:

And that some of us should now feel bad?  ;D

pickdropper

Well no, not me.  All credit goes to Mark (Chuckbuick) for the board layout and Harold for the circuit.  I thought it looked cool and had never built an envelope filter so Mark was kind enough to send me a board.

Good luck fitting all of those knobs and switches into a 1590a.  I enjoy masochistic 1590a builds, but that one would truly require a Hammerspace box.
Function f(x)

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on September 12, 2013, 03:10:23 PM
Good luck fitting all of those knobs and switches into a 1590a.  I enjoy masochistic 1590a builds, but that one would truly require a Hammerspace box.

I'd be more worried about the six jacks! Anyway, what do you think of the sound?

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on September 12, 2013, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 12, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

I'd be more worried about the six jacks! Anyway, what do you think of the sound?

I still need to dial it in for my tastes, plus I need to tweak the trim settings a bit.

There are some settings where the envelope doesn't open and close the way I like it, but I did seem to find some usable settings.  I haven't played around with an envelope filter in years, so certainly a lot of it is me just figuring out what  works for me.
Function f(x)

jimilee

Truly inspiring. I'm either gonna build a 1590a, or hunt you down and sock you in the nose.... :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on September 12, 2013, 09:09:55 PM
Truly inspiring. I'm either gonna build a 1590a, or hunt you down and sock you in the nose.... :P

My preference would be for option 1.
Function f(x)

jimilee

Quote from: pickdropper on September 12, 2013, 09:11:00 PM

Quote from: jimilee on September 12, 2013, 09:09:55 PM

My preference would be for option 1.
No worries, I'm a little... and I'm far too lazy for option 2. :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.