News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Enclosures

Started by Luke51411, December 12, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I'm debating ordering some enclosures from either mammoth or BLMS. I love the blms enclosures as they are nice and solid and great prices as well, plus the customer service is top notch and I usually receive my order within like 2 days. That said I kind of want a taller BB size box and BLMS doesn't have those. My question is about the quality of mammoth enclosures. I seem to remember the walls being thinner and seemingly slightly lower quality. Is my memory of mammoth's enclosures correct or was that some one off enclosure I got from somewhere else? The only reason I care is that one time I was drilling for the jacks and the bottom of the enclosure busted out. I was drilling fairly close to the bottom and probably going too fast but it seems like a thicker enclosure would have held up better.

flanagan0718

I've personally used both companies...Go BLMS! I know he doesn't have the whole line of 1590 stuff but he is the best! There is nothing wrong with mammoth and they now own 4site enclosures so, Yes they offer more but I would still go through Lawrence (BLMS) if you can. Plus his shipping is way faster and cheaper. Just my opinion.

You could always email him and ask if you could get you some of the taller boxes too. He's a pretty stand up guy!

Luke51411

Ok I'll probably go with that. Time to work on my drilling precision  :P BB boxes aren't too bad though, there just always seems to be a need to fit as much in a box as possible.

flanagan0718

Yup, a good friend / customer of mine is having me jam a reverb in to 1590a...talk about fitting 5 lbs of shit in a 1lb bag.

Luke51411

It sounds like he might get the tall BBs sometime soon!!!

flanagan0718

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 12, 2014, 09:16:48 PM
It sounds like he might get the tall BBs sometime soon!!!

Hey Luke, not sure if you ordered yet but I got an email from Lawrence this morning and he now carries the 1590bb tall. He calls it the 1590c. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke51411

Yeah I ordered a few days before he got those. Next time I'll pick some up.